Initial Consent State

Jean-Philippe Stanway

May 14, 2018, 3:45:27 AM5/14/18
to Cookie Control Support
Hi,

I'm in the process of running final GDPR audit checks on a website and just wanted to ask, should the 'Initial Consent State' option be set to 'on' or 'off' to become compliant.

Thanks

J-P

Greg Rouchotas

May 14, 2018, 10:02:03 AM5/14/18
to Cookie Control Support
Hello J-P,

GDPR states that no preselected checkboxes are allowed. So in our view it should be off. However, many users have requested this functionality so it's really down to your interpretation of GDPR.

Kind Regards,
Greg

Jean-Philippe Stanway

May 15, 2018, 5:16:03 AM5/15/18
to Cookie Control Support
Hi Greg,

Totally agree, thank you for clarifying.

J-P

Jean-Philippe Stanway

May 15, 2018, 6:02:17 PM5/15/18
to Cookie Control Support
Hi Greg,

So it should be displaying like this?

Also could you recommend a good website cookie tester, I believe the only cookies I have are Google analytics and your own. Do you know how you would allow users turning off the analytics being collected by my service provider?

Thanks

J-P
Cookie-consent.jpeg