accessibility and policy questions

Morgan

Sep 16, 2015, 8:05:42 AM9/16/15
to Cookie Control Support
Hello,
Can you tell me if Cookie Control produces accessible code?  I would like to use it on a new charity web site developed in Wordpress.  Or, does it take accessibility qualities from the Wordpress theme?  The charity requires the site be compliant with WCAGv2 level AA.

Your Cookie Control home page refers to your privacy and other policies.  Is it appropriate to reuse your policy text with modifications?

Finally, the control key combinations on your accessibility page don't appear to be working in Mac Safari.  It could just be a conflict with one of the extensions in there.

Regards,
Morgan

Steven Tuffin

Sep 18, 2015, 5:33:45 AM9/18/15
to Cookie Control Support
Hi Morgan,

Cookie Control is compliant with WCAGv2 level AA, so no problems there.

The dark theme offers higher visibility, with a colour contrast ratio of 21:1 (sufficient for WCAGv2 level AAA),  so would recommend this setting if accessibility is a concern.

If you opt for a paid license, there's also the bar interface available, which we've found is a little easier for those dependent on screen readers to navigate.

As for the privacy policy, modifying ours is perfectly acceptable. Some tips for doing so can be found here : http://civicuk.com/cookie-control/deployment#audit

And lastly, thanks for pointing out the error on our accessibility page. Will look into if this is an issue with extensions, or if the control keys have changed since this content has been written - I've found ctrl+alt+access key produces the expected results.

Regards,
Steve