API key not valid with Bing

Giles Elliott

Nov 30, 2015, 7:05:59 AM11/30/15
to Cookie Control Support
Cookie control world perfectly if the the web site is accessed by typing the page name, or accessing via a hyperlink, or by searching via Google. However if I use Bing (or duckduckgo) I get 'API not valid'
Looking closely, I've realised that although google opens the page(s) as http://www.benefitsowl.info/, Bing and duckduckgo show it as http://benefitsowl.info/

obviously this explains why the the API key is not valid, but I don't understand why Goggle and duckduckgo open the site as a different domain, nor how to resolve it. Do I need to get a second key, and, if so, how?

Thank you very much for your help . (apart from this problem, and some issues that turned out to be the fault of IE quirks mode, things have worked smoothly)

Giles (Elliott)

Gerasimos Tzoganis

Nov 30, 2015, 7:31:45 AM11/30/15
to Cookie Control Support
Hi Giles,

I think the basic problem is that you serve your site from both domains. That should have a SEO impact on your site, and also as you found out some search engines link to the one domain and others to the other.

I think you should put a permanent redirect in place, that would always redirect the domain without www to www.benefitsowl.info. An example on how to do it can be found here (and on many other pages on the web)

I hope that helps,
Gerasimos

Giles Elliott

Nov 30, 2015, 10:17:57 AM11/30/15
to Cookie Control Support
Thanks very much for your help, and for replying so quickly. I'm going to have a go setting up a permanent re-direct as per your link.

Cheers