Bug in pushdown bar Cookie Control

E. de Bakker

Mar 24, 2014, 9:33:16 AM3/24/14
to cookie...@googlegroups.com

At the forum there was earlier this discussion: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/cookiecontrol/ipad/cookiecontrol/fcPsDZ5xjrY/g4zpAG0UNFUJ

Because I didn’t see a solution for this issue I want to put this again on the forum.

Also because I see a broader issue and I see this bug on the website of civicuk itself:

What’s the issue:

If you have:

- a paid version of Cookie Control

- and have chosen the bar option with position on top of the site

Then there's the following issue:

Because of the  “reserved space for showing the information box” , which can fall over the navigation buttons,  the specific navigation buttons under the “Information and settings” don’t work anymore.

This is the case for:

-         *  Desktop if the screen is small which causes the “information and settings” link to be above the navigation buttons (for example: use Firefox and make the browser smaller to simulate the situation).

-         *  Android tablet

-          * iPad tablet

A half solution:

If the “information box” has been opened one time on the webpage then at the:

- desktop

- Android tablet

the navigation buttons are working again.

So I changed the following at the script to let it open and close the information box after 1 second  automatically:

startOpen:true,

autoHide:1000,

So the problem at the desktop and Andriod tablet has been solved by this.

BUT:

It doesn’t solve the issue at the iPad.

For the iPad this solution has been mentioned:

“If you add the following CSS to your template, you will effectively remove this reserved space when the information box is hidden and the menu links will become usable regardless of their position”.

.ccc-c {display: none;}

.ccc-open .ccc-c {display: block;}

But this has consequences for the information box itself:

“after adding the CSS above it breaks the 'pop-up' when you click on 'Information and settings' for Firefox,Chrome and IE.”

So do you have a solution for the issue above (also for the situation if you don’t let the information box open and close it automatically like at your own site civicuk.com )

Gerasimos Tzoganis

Apr 14, 2014, 1:21:23 PM4/14/14
to cookie...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for the detailed description of the problem.

This issue is fixed in the latest version of Cookie Control, you can download it here.

Regards,
Gerasimos