Drupal module on Drupal.org or github?

John Jameson

May 11, 2018, 11:58:15 AM5/11/18
to Cookie Control Support
Two questions, neither urgent:

1) I'm evaluating this for use on an enterprise site, and if we used it we'd want to manage it via Composer. Any reason why it hasn't been made a project on d.o?

2) For performance reasons, is there any reason not to bundle the JS in the module, so it can be aggregated? Half for performance and half so updates to the JS would trigger updates to the module, which could then be alerted and tested in our normal wolkflows.

Greg Rouchotas

May 12, 2018, 8:30:22 AM5/12/18
to Cookie Control Support
Hello John,

We're actually in the process of uploading the module to drupal.org. We're just going through the verification process so hopefully it will appear soon.
The reason the JS is not aggregated to the module is that we wanted to ensure that all the users where always using the latest version of the JS so we're using our CDN to deliver it.
In the past versions of Cookie Control the webmasters where responsible for update the js so in this new version we decided to deliver it through our CDN so that any changes to the JS are propagated automatically.

Thanks
Greg

John Jameson

May 14, 2018, 11:48:49 AM5/14/18