can't get cookie control working on charity site

Neil Irving

Jan 3, 2018, 3:52:42 PM1/3/18
to Cookie Control Support
I think I have installed everything correctly - but the cookie control isn't showing - I have tried it from several different computers and browsers - I have looked through the documentation etc - but can;t figure out what is wrong

Any help would be greatly apprecaited - thanks

The site is https://www.stoswaldsowerby.org.uk/

I have the script (using www.stoswaldsowerby.org.uk as domain name)

jquery is installed in folder jquery

cookie control script is installed in folder cookies

the code is in every html page (inserted via server side include file)

Gerasimos Tzoganis

Jan 4, 2018, 3:52:57 AM1/4/18
to Cookie Control Support
Hi Neil,

It seems that the Cookie Control script is not in the folder cookies, if you hit the URL https://www.stoswaldsowerby.org.uk/cookies/cookieControl-7.2.min.js you will get a `404 page not found error`.

Can you double check in which folder you have uploaded Cookie Control?

Regards,
Gerasimos

Gerasimos Tzoganis

Jan 4, 2018, 4:00:14 AM1/4/18
to Cookie Control Support
Actually on a closer look it seems that you need to use lowercase, maybe you renamed the file?

In any case, changing the src attribute of
<script src="/cookies/cookieControl-7.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/cookies/cookiecontrol-7.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

should work.

Regards,
Gerasimos

Neil Irving

Jan 4, 2018, 5:54:31 PM1/4/18
to Cookie Control Support
Thank you!  The file name was all in lower case as you suggested.  I've changed it and everything works now.  Thank you again!