Civicuk Coookie Control: Sorry this API key is not valid

Mike Cronk

Feb 23, 2017, 6:23:26 AM2/23/17
to Cookie Control Support
I have checked the domain names we are using and despite re-generating the two lots of code I am still getting this error message.  The url is www.pennysmilldesigns.co.uk and API is bf9dd7797b360071a144f88ca7adf879da83a617

Mike

Gerasimos Tzoganis

Feb 23, 2017, 6:28:48 AM2/23/17
to Cookie Control Support
Hello,

I can see Cookie Control working fine on that domain. However, since it is a free apikey it will not work on any other domain, including the domain without the www (pennysmilldesigns.co.uk), and I suppose that is where you get the error from.

Please consider setting up a redirect from that domain to the one with the www. You can find instructions on how to do that here

Or you could buy a paid license which works on the base domain and all subdomains by default.

Kind regards,
Gerasimos
Message has been deleted

Mike Cronk

Feb 23, 2017, 7:43:33 AM2/23/17
to Cookie Control Support
Thanks Gerasimos.  I see what you mean.  Is there a way to delete the API file I have started under the usb-domain www.pennysmilldesigns.co.uk and start again with main domain pennysmilldesigns.co.uk?

I should add I have set up and tried the re-direct file pennysmilldesigns.co.uk to www.pennysmilldesigns.co.uk without success.  Starting again may be easier

Mike

Mike Cronk

Feb 23, 2017, 1:12:34 PM2/23/17
to Cookie Control Support
Hi Gerasimos, it all seems to be working fine now.  Thanks for your help.

Mike