Problem installing a package on 2 ControlTier server - No matched nodes: NodeSet{}

Costin Caraivan

Jun 24, 2011, 4:24:33 PM6/24/11
to contr...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm trying to install a package on multiple nodes, on 2 ControlTier servers. On one server it works, on another it doesn't. This is the job.xml for 1 server:
<joblist>
  <job>
    <id>102</id>
    <name>Install InvokeCmd</name>
    <description></description>
    <additional />
    <loglevel>INFO</loglevel>
    <group>Administration</group>
    <context>
      <project>SERVER1</project>
    </context>
    <sequence threadcount='1' keepgoing='false' strategy='node-first'>
      <command resource='InvokeCmd.Exe' name='Install' module='file'>
        <arg line='-nodeps false -nodir false -nomodule false -nopackageinstall false -noproperties false' />
      </command>
    </sequence>
    <nodefilters excludeprecedence='true'>
      <include>
        <name>.*</name>
      </include>
    </nodefilters>
    <dispatch>
      <threadcount>1</threadcount>
      <keepgoing>false</keepgoing>
    </dispatch>
  </job>
</joblist>
For server 2 it's the same thing, with SERVER2.
And this is the error message:

[bcctier@client1 dc1_STAGING.file.InvokeCmd.Exe Install][WARN] Workflow completed. execution time: 5.844 sec
0: ExecutionItem finished, result: BaseExecutionResult{resultObject=BaseActionResult{outputproperty=output, errorproperty=error, resultproperty=result, returnpropertylist=null, outputString=null, errorString=null, isSucessful=true, exception=null}, success=true, exception=null}
log4j:ERROR Could not connect to remote log4j server at [server1]. We will try again later.
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:351)
[...]
at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurator.java:316)
at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.configure(PropertyConfigurator.java:324)
at com.controltier.ctl.cli.AbstractCtlMain.parseArgs(AbstractCtlMain.java:156)
at com.controltier.ctl.cli.BaseCtlMain.parseArgs(BaseCtlMain.java:124)
at com.controltier.ctl.cli.CtlMain.parseArgs(CtlMain.java:173)
at com.controltier.ctl.cli.AbstractCtlMain.run(AbstractCtlMain.java:240)
at com.controltier.ctl.cli.CtlMain.main(CtlMain.java:106)
at launcher.CtlLauncher.main(CtlLauncher.java:34)
No matched nodes: NodeSet{}
Setting project property: sshexec.output -> Including ctierrc.
log4j:ERROR Could not connect to remote log4j server at [server1]. We will try again later.
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:351)
[...]
   at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.configure(PropertyConfigurator.java:324)
    at com.controltier.ctl.cli.AbstractCtlMain.parseArgs(AbstractCtlMain.java:156)
    at com.controltier.ctl.cli.BaseCtlMain.parseArgs(BaseCtlMain.java:124)
    at com.controltier.ctl.cli.CtlMain.parseArgs(CtlMain.java:173)
    at com.controltier.ctl.cli.AbstractCtlMain.run(AbstractCtlMain.java:240)
    at com.controltier.ctl.cli.CtlMain.main(CtlMain.java:106)
    at launcher.CtlLauncher.main(CtlLauncher.java:34)
No matched nodes: NodeSet{}
Step 0 of the workflow threw an exception: Remote command failed with exit status 3,com.controltier.ctlcenter.execution.WorkflowAction$WorkflowStepFailureException: Step 0 of the workflow threw an exception: Remote command failed with exit status 3
    at com.controltier.ctl.cli.CallableWrapperTask.execute(CallableWrapperTask.java:54)
[...]
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Parallel$TaskRunnable.run(Parallel.java:433)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: com.controltier.ctlcenter.execution.WorkflowAction$WorkflowStepFailureException: Step 0 of the workflow threw an exception: Remote command failed with exit status 3
    at com.controltier.ctlcenter.execution.BaseWorkflowStrategy.executeWFItem(BaseWorkflowStrategy.java:335)
    at com.controltier.ctlcenter.execution.BaseWorkflowStrategy.executeWorkflowItemsForNodeSet(BaseWorkflowStrategy.java:354)
    at com.controltier.ctlcenter.execution.NodeFirstWorkflowStrategy$1.call(NodeFirstWorkflowStrategy.java:119)
    at com.controltier.ctl.cli.CallableWrapperTask.execute(CallableWrapperTask.java:52)
    ... 15 more
Caused by: Remote command failed with exit status 3
    at com.controltier.ctl.tasks.net.CtlSSHExec.executeCommand(CtlSSHExec.java:347)
    at com.controltier.ctl.tasks.net.CtlSSHExec.execute(CtlSSHExec.java:220)
[...]
    at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:68)
    at com.controltier.ctl.tasks.controller.node.SshCommand.execute(SshCommand.java:170)
    at com.controltier.ctl.tasks.controller.node.ActionProxyDispatcher$1$1.call(ActionProxyDispatcher.java:149)
    at com.controltier.ctl.cli.DefaultNodeDispatcher.executeNodedispatch(DefaultNodeDispatcher.java:153)
    at com.controltier.ctl.tasks.controller.node.ActionProxyDispatcher.dispatch(ActionProxyDispatcher.java:140)
    at com.controltier.ctl.tasks.controller.node.BaseExecutableTask.execute(BaseExecutableTask.java:37)
    at com.controltier.ctl.tasks.controller.node.NodeDispatchAction.perform(NodeDispatchAction.java:71)
    at com.controltier.ctl.execution.defined.DefinedCommandDispatchAction.perform(DefinedCommandDispatchAction.java:90)
    at com.controltier.ctl.execution.DispatchedCommandExecutor.executeDispatchedCommand(DispatchedCommandExecutor.java:63)
    at com.controltier.ctl.execution.DispatchedCommandExecutor.executeItem(DispatchedCommandExecutor.java:53)
    at com.controltier.ctl.execution.ExecutionServiceImpl.executeItem(ExecutionServiceImpl.java:49)
    at com.controltier.ctlcenter.execution.BaseWorkflowStrategy.executeWFItem(BaseWorkflowStrategy.java:300)
    ... 18 more

Moses Lei

Jun 24, 2011, 4:30:34 PM6/24/11
to contr...@googlegroups.com
"No matched nodes" generally means the resource you want isn't assigned to the node (not a child dependency of the node), or the metadata is not present. You might need to run "ctl-project -a install" on the node in order to pull the metadata.

It looks like you're on windows, which makes this case more complicated than it has to be... you could look into using a command line utility to pull the package instead of calling it through the Package module.

You may want to open port 1055 to get rid of the log4j warnings.

Moses

--
Moses Lei
[ Professional Services | DTO Solutions, Inc. ]

Stefan Florin

Jun 24, 2011, 4:36:49 PM6/24/11
to contr...@googlegroups.com
Costin,
Does other packages install correctly on Server 2?

Costin Caraivan

Jun 27, 2011, 8:13:22 AM6/27/11
to contr...@googlegroups.com
Yes, they do :)

There's 1 package which can be installed on all the nodes, from what I see in the Workbench. I've launched ctl-project -p project -a install, then I launched the job and the same thing happened for this packages.

I've worked around it by installing it manually (i.e. I copied it by hand)....

Moses Lei

Jul 5, 2011, 11:17:35 AM7/5/11
to contr...@googlegroups.com
Costin, just following up on this. Could you send an exported copy of
your job xml for this job? (ctl-jobs list -f jobs.xml exports all
jobs)

Moses