CTL version 3.6.1 - Error generating resources.properties: failed to store on DAV share

Jaggi

Feb 2, 2012, 8:57:56 AM2/2/12
to ControlTier, jhir...@mgtplc.com
jagadeesh@sitar:/apps/ctier/pkgs/jetty-6.1.21/bin$ ctl-project -a
create -p demo
Project structure created: /apps/ctier/ctl/projects/demo
Invoking external setup script: /apps/ctier/pkgs/ctl-3.6.1/bin/
commander-ctl-project.xml
Beginning client setup ...
Running CTL project setup: /apps/ctier/pkgs/ctl-3.6.1/lib/ant/
controllers/ctl/projectsetupCmd.xml ...
Trying to override old definition of task document-property
CTL project setup procedure completed.
Creating Workbench project 'demo'. This may take several minutes ...
com.controltier.ctl.cli.ctlproject.CtlProjectException: exception
occurred in /apps/ctier/pkgs/ctl-3.6.1/bin/commander-ctl-project.xml:
Error performing server request: Error generating
resources.properties: failed to store on DAV share

Please help.

Many Thanks.

Bhaskar Mukherjee

Feb 2, 2012, 9:52:10 AM2/2/12
to contr...@googlegroups.com, jhir...@mgtplc.com
1. Are you able to login to Workbench? Do you get same error?
2. How your jetty log looks like?
3. You may have some server side issues like permission, disk space. Perform all these basic checks if you are going for a linux based intallations.

With warm regards,

Bhaskar Mukherjee
Slough, United Kingdom

Jaggi

Feb 2, 2012, 3:49:29 PM2/2/12
to ControlTier
Hi,

I have removed all my previous install and reinstalled. Even then I
see these errors below. I do understand these errors but don't know
where should i fix.

Thank you,

/apps/ctier/pkgs/jetty-6.1.21/logs/2012_02_02.stderrout.log
02.02.2012 20:33:22 *INFO * RepositoryStartupServlet: Cannot create
Registry (RepositoryStartupServlet.java, line 536)
java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already in use: 1099; nested
exception is:
java.net.BindException: Address already in use

02.02.2012 20:33:23 *ERROR* RepositoryStartupServlet:
RepositoryStartupServlet initializing failed:
org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.ServletExceptionWithCause: Unable to bind
repository via RMI: //localhost:1099/jackrabbit.repository
(RepositoryStartupServlet.java, line 245)
org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.ServletExceptionWithCause: Unable to bind
repository via RMI: //localhost:1099/jackrabbit.repository

02.02.2012 20:36:07 *ERROR* RepositoryAccessServlet: Error while
retrieving repository using JNDI (name=jackrabbit.repository)
(RepositoryAccessServlet.java, line 210)

02.02.2012 20:36:09 *ERROR* DavResourceImpl: Error while importing
resource: javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Unable to update item:
node /: failed to write bundle: cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe
(DavResourceImpl.java, line 609)

ERROR : Could not copy core-seed.jar to DAV

02.02.2012 20:36:11 *ERROR* DavResourceImpl: Error while importing
resource: javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Unable to update item:
node /: failed to write bundle: cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe
(DavResourceImpl.java, line 609)

ERROR : Unable to add rColUri http://sitar:8088/jackrabbit/repository/controltier/projects

ERROR : Colony request: exception caught during execute: Error
generating resources.properties: failed to store on DAV share
org.apache.commons.scaffold.lang.ResourceException: Error generating

On Feb 2, 2:52 pm, Bhaskar Mukherjee <bhaskar....@gmail.com> wrote:
> *1. Are you able to login to Workbench? Do you get same error?
> 2. How your jetty log looks like?
> 3. You may have some server side issues like permission, disk space.
> Perform all these basic checks if you are going for a linux based
> intallations.
> **
>
> With warm regards,
> **Bhaskar Mukherjee
> Slough, United Kingdom
>
> *
> >http://wiki.controltier.org- Hide quoted text -

Bhaskar Mukherjee

Feb 2, 2012, 4:39:10 PM2/2/12
to contr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jagadeesh,

I can see that it is trying to bind the repository to port which is already in use. Normally ControlTier installation and putting it into service is easy unless you have some server-side (host) problems.

Could you please provide the exact steps for installations? so that we could analyse what went wrong.

With warm regards,

Bhaskar Mukherjee
Slough, United Kingdom

Anthony Shortland

Feb 2, 2012, 4:42:18 PM2/2/12
to contr...@googlegroups.com
Note that some Java installs use port 1099 for RMI that can cause this conflict.

sateesh

Feb 28, 2012, 1:39:55 PM2/28/12
to ControlTier
Hi,

I am also getting the same error. Error performing server request:
Error generating
resources.properties: failed to store on DAV share
Did you found any fix ?

NOTE: I have reinstall changing port 1098 to fix below issue
java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already in use: 1099; nested
exception is: java.net.BindException: Address already in use

Thanks

On Feb 2, 3:42 pm, Anthony Shortland <anth...@controltier.com> wrote:
> Note that some Java installs use port 1099 for RMI that can cause this conflict.
>
> On Feb 2, 2012, at 1:39 PM, Bhaskar Mukherjee wrote:
>

> > Hi Jagadeesh,
>
> > I can see that it is trying to bind the repository to port which is already in use. Normally ControlTier installation and putting it into service is easy unless you have some server-side (host) problems.
>
> > Could you please provide the exact steps for installations? so that we could analyse what went wrong.
>
> > With warm regards,
> > Bhaskar Mukherjee
> > Slough, United Kingdom
>
> > ERROR : Unable to add rColUrihttp://sitar:8088/jackrabbit/repository/controltier/projects

Moses Lei

Feb 28, 2012, 1:41:37 PM2/28/12
to contr...@googlegroups.com
Sateesh are you able to log in to the DAV (you can find the URL in framework.properties) using an independent dav client (like windows web folders, mac finder or cadaver on *nix)?

Perhaps that's the first place to start troubleshooting. Maybe there's a port conflict there that you're not aware of.

Moses

--
Moses Lei
[ Professional Services | DTO Solutions, Inc. ]

sateesh

Feb 28, 2012, 3:52:46 PM2/28/12
to ControlTier
framework.properties has URL -> http://172.16.0.2:8080/jackrabbit/repository/controltier
After entering default/default below xml load on IE..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <D:error xmlns:D="DAV:">
- <dcr:exception xmlns:dcr="http://www.day.com/jcr/webdav/1.0">

<dcr:class>org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.RemoteRepositoryException</
dcr:class>
<dcr:message>Connection refused to host: 192.168.2.35; nested
exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out:
connect</dcr:message>
</dcr:exception>
</D:error>