Has ctl-exec changed with the ControlTier3.6.0 release?

joe

Sep 24, 2010, 6:00:14 PM9/24/10
to ControlTier
I've recently started evaluating ControlTier and so far have been able
to do what I hoped to with the 3.4.12 release

I have been using the "ctl-exec" script to execute ad-hoc commands and
scripts on nodes where I have not installed any control tier client or
server packages. To do this, I copied the required public keys from
the remote nodes and imported a list of nodes and set the passwords in
ControlTier and from then on was able to execute on the remote machine
as intended.

Now there is a new release 3.6.0 and I am trying to do the same
things. However, with 3.6.0, I am getting "Auth cancel" and the
following stack trace. The authorized_keys have not changed, the
remote host is the same. I had changed (and am using rsa) in both the
3.4.12 and the 3.6.0 cases in any case I've imported both rsa and dsa
public keys.

[dtftoam1@dtftomcov1 ctl-exec][INFO] verbose: preparing for remote
execution ...
com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Auth cancel
at
com.controltier.ctl.tasks.net.CtlSSHExec.execute(CtlSSHExec.java:246)
at
39)
at
25)
at
org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:
106)
at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Sequential.execute(Sequential.java:68)
at com.controltier.ctl.cli.TaskCallable.call(TaskCallable.java:45)
at
com.controltier.ctl.cli.DefaultNodeDispatcher.executeNodedispatch(DefaultNodeDispatcher.java:
153)
at
com.controltier.ctl.execution.script.CommandAction.doAction(CommandAction.java:
190)
at
com.controltier.ctl.execution.DispatchedScriptExecutor.executeDispatchedScript(DispatchedScriptExecutor.java:
65)
at
com.controltier.ctl.execution.DispatchedScriptExecutor.executeItem(DispatchedScriptExecutor.java:
55)
at
com.controltier.ctl.execution.ExecutionServiceImpl.executeItem(ExecutionServiceImpl.java:
49)
at com.controltier.ctl.cli.CtlExec.runAction(CtlExec.java:512)
at com.controltier.ctl.cli.CtlExec.runAction(CtlExec.java:447)
at com.controltier.ctl.cli.CtlExec.run(CtlExec.java:375)
at com.controltier.ctl.cli.CtlExec.main(CtlExec.java:628)
at
39)
at
25)
at launcher.CtlExecLauncher.main(CtlExecLauncher.java:31)
Caused by: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Auth cancel
at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Session.java:451)
at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Session.java:150)
at
com.controltier.ctl.tasks.net.CtlSSHExec.openSession(CtlSSHExec.java:
469)
at
com.controltier.ctl.tasks.net.CtlSSHExec.execute(CtlSSHExec.java:214)
... 22 more
error: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Auth cancel

Can anyone confirm that "ctl-exec" still works this way with 3.6.0 or
is there something else that I need to do with this new release? Has
anything changed?

Thanks.

Moses Lei

Oct 1, 2010, 1:20:21 PM10/1/10
to contr...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the late reply Joe. I think the first place to look is to see if the CTL username in the Node resource page in workbench matches what you expect. This might have changed depending on how you installed 3.6.

As far as the auth code itself, nothing has changed there.

Let us know if you still can't figure it out.

Moses

--
Moses Lei
[ Professional Services | DTO Solutions, Inc. ]

joe

Oct 5, 2010, 10:27:37 PM10/5/10
to ControlTier
Thanks. Got this sorted out, not exactly sure what was wrong, but re-
sourcing the .ctierrc file seemed to have helped.

The example apps and/or the documentation for the sample apps are now
outdated with the 3.6.0 release. Any plans to update these?

Anthony Shortland

Oct 5, 2010, 11:24:28 PM10/5/10
to contr...@googlegroups.com
Yes indeed ... we're working on a copy of the Wiki with 3.6 changes.