NYC: Lead Content Strategist (publishing / agency bkgds a plus), 3+ months, at AdAge + Crains' "Best Places to Work" agency with a <3

JoanneWeaverGroup

Mar 2, 2016, 1:40:43 PM3/2/16
to Content Strategy
hi CS GoogleGroupers! Happy Hump Day. I'm an ex-Razorfish UX/UI recruiter now with my own talent agency, and I've been repping Content Strategists for 8+ years now....we've got a big juicy CS Lead gig open, and we get other CS gigs in from time to time, so I'd love to hear from you for this one, or, just in general for future gigs!

Freelance Lead Content Strategist at friendly boutique agency with a heart
(product-geared agency, not campaign-driven)
Starts ASAP, 3+ months
100% onsite (as much as possible)
Publishing and agency bkgds are a plus, but not required

We're currently seeking a freelance Lead Content Strategist with project leadership experience, for our boutique, digital product-design agency (with a BIG heart!), who's won both the AdAge and Crains list of "Best Places to Work in NYC" for 3 years running - can't ask for a nicer, cooler group of people who are great at what they do.

You'd be coming in at the PRE-discovery phase, and in essence planning the project out from soup to nuts, with oversight of 2-3 more project team members.
You will be THE client-facing person and the one to drive innovation and the project forward.

The project is, in a nutshell, creating sea change for their news/publishing/research client from a content-driven perspective, and help them transition into a biz model that more closely resembles a Forrester or Nielsen.

You'd be doing an audit of the client's current site and assets, based on their business goals (which you'll help tease out), and help them strategize about how to structure their new offerings, and in short, helping them to become more successful.

You'll be looking at their site content, social media, packaged content (ala carte), subscription content, and plan out their new ecosystem based on your recommendations.

You'll be structuring the project and directing both the team members and the client. There's some evangelizing / selling you'll do with the client's internal editorial team, so being able to make compelling arguments for why your strategy is the right way to go will be important.

DELIVERABLES - we'd like to see as many of these as you've got, as this will be what you're creating on the gig:

1) Content audit - yep, that big hulking Excel spreadsheet
2) Content deck - preferably for the publishing industry but flexible
3) Governance plan (preferred but not required)
4) Content data model

Sound like you? Or someone you know?
We look forward to hearing from you!

**REFERRAL BONUS ELIGIBILITY*** of up to $250 for longterm freelance placements - thanks for spreading the word!

TO APPLY, email your resume, as many of the samples listed above that you've got, your approx hourly rate range, and your avail'y to start work, to:

joanne (at) joanneweavergroup (dot) com

Cheers!
Joanne

Jeffrey Durland