NYC (onsite gig) - Freelance Content Strategist at boutique UX/UI agency with gerbil-themed parties (yep.)

JoanneWeaverGroup

Jul 10, 2015, 3:59:49 PM7/10/15
to content...@googlegroups.com
hi CS Google Groupers!

Yes, I said "gerbil themed".

This is for local NYC candidates only who can work onsite ~40 hrs/week.

Our client is a boutique, UX/UI-geared agency in NYC, and our longest-standing client - we love them for a variety of reasons. They not only have this cute-fuzzy-gerbil-themed particular party every Friday, but they are rockin' at what they do - they're a group of digital pro's who are rocking at their fields, have crazy attention to detail and take pride in their work, and create beautiful + functional work for major and small companies alike across the globe. Culture means alot to them, and they've created their own culture "manifesto" that they hold dear.
Smart, fun, and a little zany. It's a magical combo.

They are looking for a freelance CONTENT STRATEGIST (Sr or Lead level) for an ecommerce website redesign project for a client involved in a niche part of the industrial fixtures industry - and they've got a super tongue in cheek name that would be fun to say all day, every day.

This onsite gig starts in early or mid August, for 6-8+ weeks, with a strong possibility to extend for future work. Approx 40 hours/week

The project is responsive web focused, but having knowledge of multiple platforms including web / mobile / tablet is a plus.
You’ll represent Content Strategy on complex engagements, and partner closely with clients, lead meetings, give recommendations, make presentations, etc.

WHAT THEY'RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:

•        An established track record as a digital Content Strategist, with agency experience in the mix

•        An outgoing natural collaborator and confidante with clients, who can take charge and "own the room" in discovery sessions, presentations, and pitches - and a deep understanding and empathy for
clients' business challenges

•        A comprehensive and impressive portfolio of Content Strategy
deliverables, such as content matrices, competitive analysis,
taxonomy, content audits, and content strategy decks -and they'll want to know your specific involvement in their creation

•        Experience working on large-scale, web-based implementations and
products (ie: e-commerce, CMS implementations, internal communication
platforms, transactional sites - or something different but relevant
in scale) - also some marketing in the mix is a plus, but you’ve got
to be able (and want) to handle the heavy lifting types of work

•      Agile experience is a plus

•        A deep understanding of user centered design principles and a
history of partnering closely with UX designers and other cross-
functional team members

•        A self-motivated pro who savors problem solving, pushes themselves
forward in constantly learning about new technologies, and isn't
afraid to jump in and figure out something they've never tried before.
Have passion, have drive, don’t be afraid to make mistakes or speak
up---be HUNGRY!

*******

If this sounds like you or someone you know, we'd love to hear from you!

TO APPLY: email your resume, portfolio/URL, rates, and avail'y to:
joanne (At) joanneweavergroup (Dot) com

**REFERRAL BONUS OFFERED** to the kind soul who refers us to the person we place in this role longterm.

Thanks for helping us spread the word for this most killer of opportunities! We’d love to give you a nice big fat referral check and our undying gratitude :)

Cheers,
Joanne

The Joanne Weaver Group
UX/UI Design Recruitment
www.joanneweavergroup.com

Anna Svahn

Jul 14, 2015, 4:09:00 PM7/14/15
to content...@googlegroups.com
Joanne:  I have just finished a 16-month template redesign project for P&G at Publicis and would be interested in learning more about this opportunity.  My resume is attached and here are three links to portfolio pieces on Dropbox.  I am available starting 8/3 and my rates are $80/hour through a recruiter.  Hope you are well.  Best, Anna

SvahnResume.pdf