Job at University of Southern California

Samantha

Aug 12, 2015, 7:42:46 PM8/12/15
to Content Strategy
Who you are (hopefully)

We’re looking for someone who loves web content, design, and development, can handle multiple projects in different phases simultaneously, isn’t afraid of deadlines, and likes contributing to a team environment.

Your responsibilities:

  • Defining and scoping new projects including interviewing stakeholders to determine goals and user needs
  • Information architecture including using inputs from goal articulation, needs analysis, analytics review, and peer analysis to develop site maps and content plans
  • Basic web development including building simple websites from templates and maintaining our existing websites
  • Managing content including conducting content audits, managing content migration, formatting content for the web, and editing
  • Customer support and client training
Your skills:

  • A desire to learn and develop your skill set
  • Strong interpersonal and communication skills
  • A basic knowledge of HTML 5, CSS3, and a basic understanding of JavaScript
  • Experience with content management systems; experience with WordPress is a plus
  • Experience using Adobe Creative Suite
  • An ability to understand and independently carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
  • An ability to work as part of a team
Who we are

As the central web design and development group within the University of Southern California, we work for a variety of clients from schools to small research centers. We’re a small, multi-talented team - there are just ten of us - and as such, we’re an extremely collaborative and friendly group. We offer great benefits, including tuition assistance and 10% retirement match and like to send people to conferences and professional development opportunities. We work reasonable hours and we also like going to lunch together....

Come meet us and check us out!