revised exended French version of "Algèbre commutative. Méthodes constructives" http://arxiv.org/abs/1611.02942

Henri Lombardi

Nov 11, 2016, 3:49:33 PM11/11/16
to construc...@googlegroups.com
Hello

La version française, révisée et augmentée, du livre
Algèbre commutative. Méthodes constructives
Modules projectifs de type fini (Calvage et Mounet 2011)
est maintenant sur ArXiv

Elle est un peu plus développée que la version anglaise (Springer 2015)

Début du message réexpédié :

De : e-pr...@arxiv.org
Objet : arXiv New submission -> 1611.02942 in math.AC from henri.l...@univ-fcomte.fr
Date : 10 novembre 2016 02:08:05 UTC+01:00
À : henri.l...@univ-fcomte.fr
Répondre à : he...@arxiv.org

Your submission submit/1716432 has been assigned the permanent arXiv
identifier 1611.02942 and is available at:

http://arxiv.org/abs/1611.02942

Title: Alg\`ebre commutative Me\'ethodes constructives
Authors: Henri Lombardi and Claude Quitt\'e
Categories: math.AC
Comments: Revised and augmented version of the book with the same title,
published by Calvage & Mounet, Paris, 2011. An English version appeared in
2015, published by Springer. See ArXiv 1605.04832 for an updated version
MSC-class: 13-01, 13C10, 13C11, 13F05, 13C15, 13P99

Martin Escardo

Nov 11, 2016, 5:41:07 PM11/11/16
to Henri Lombardi, construc...@googlegroups.com
On 11/11/16 20:49, Henri Lombardi wrote:
> Hello
>
> La version française, révisée et augmentée, du livre
> Algèbre commutative. Méthodes constructives
> Modules projectifs de type fini (Calvage et Mounet 2011)
> est maintenant sur ArXiv

Bonjour,

Este livro parece muito interessante, e relacionado aos meus interesses
na minha linha de pesquisa, especialmente em matématica construtiva. É
uma pena que não leia Francês. Versões em português, ou espanhol, ou
inglês me seriam muito uteis.

Mas talvez possa entender um pouco na lingua original. Vou tentar, pois,
como disse, parece muito interessante.

Atentamente,
M. H. E.

:-)

Martin Escardo

Nov 11, 2016, 5:57:12 PM11/11/16
to Martin Escardo, Henri Lombardi, construc...@googlegroups.com
(Warning: don't trust Google Translate in this example.)
--
Martin Escardo
http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~mhe

Martin Escardo

Nov 11, 2016, 6:20:19 PM11/11/16

On 11/11/16 22:57, Martin Escardo wrote:
> (Warning: don't trust Google Translate in this example.)

My message was a compliment to what is offered by Henry, requesting the
paper in more languages, offering to try to understand it in the
original language.

Then I realized that Google's translation says something else (check it
yourself).

Martin

Sam Sanders

Nov 12, 2016, 6:03:19 AM11/12/16
to Martin Escardo, 'Martin Escardo' via constructivenews
Dear Martin,

I had a similar urge to post the following:

“Et pour les Flamands la meme chose”

but initially did not, due to historical inaccuracy, my recent mellowing, and the fact that the “hat” is nowhere to be seen on real keyboards.

> Este livro parece muito interessante, e relacionado aos meus interesses na minha linha de pesquisa, especialmente em matématica construtiva. É uma pena que não leia Francês. Versões em português, ou espanhol, ou inglês me seriam muito uteis.
>
> Mas talvez possa entender um pouco na lingua original. Vou tentar, pois, como disse, parece muito interessante.
>
> Atentamente,
> M. H. E.

It is striking how close Portuguese/Spanish are to French (my second language), in the same way the Scandinavian languages (bar Finnish) are close to Dutch (my first), when written.

Anyway, on to more on-topic matters:

Firstly, I recently came across an article named “Intuinionnisme 84” (French) discussing the connection between Brouwer’s intuitionism
and Nonstandard Analysis. This text, as most of its ilk, is only available in the most academic French, which even I have trouble reading. If we can agree that articles should
have an as wide as possible audience, can we agree that the language of The Bard won over all others, and act accordingly?

Secondly, the above is reflected in the fact that I could not find said article in “less than legal” areas of the internet, as people only
seem to care enough to scan English (or Russian) articles/books. Case-in-point.

Thirdly, there is an anecdote about Kreisel giving a talk at some LC, and quoting something in German with the pretext “This can only be said in German”.
Later, others proceeded to quote their pet peeves in their respective mother tongues (Norwegian and Japanese I gather from the stories). While I agree
that translation is difficult, these things end up becoming you-know-what contests and reek of nationalism anyway. Brouwer’s PhD thesis has a decent
English translation, and Dutch is only spoken in 1.6 countries (if that).

Best,

Sam

Henri Lombardi

Nov 12, 2016, 9:59:39 AM11/12/16
to construc...@googlegroups.com, Martin Escardo, Sam Sanders
Dear all

attached pdf files: two texts in French (alas!):
    Intuitionnisme 84  (Harthong / Reeb) and
a text of Salanskis about Georges Reeb

Este livro parece muito interessante, e relacionado aos meus interesses na minha linha de pesquisa, especialmente em matématica construtiva. É uma pena que não leia Francês. Versões em português, ou espanhol, ou inglês me seriam muito uteis.

My message was a compliment to what is offered by Henri, requesting the paper in more languages, offering to try to understand it in the original language.

Then I realized that Google's translation says something else (check it yourself).

Martin
It is striking how close Portuguese/Spanish are to French (my second language), in the same way the Scandinavian languages (bar Finnish) are close to Dutch (my first), when written.
Firstly, I recently came across an article named “Intuinionnisme 84” (French) discussing the connection between Brouwer’s intuitionism and Nonstandard Analysis.
Best,

Sam

Algèbre commutative. Méthodes constructives ...

An English version appeared in 2015, published by Springer.

See ArXiv 1605.04832 for an updated English version

Henri

Salanskis-Reeb.pdf
Intuitionnisme84.pdf