Fw: future collaboration with interval folks

Kreinovich, Vladik

Sep 27, 2016, 12:51:01 AM9/27/16
to construc...@googlegroups.com, r...@louisiana.edu, ru...@tu-harburg.de, oi...@waseda.jp, dugbr...@gmail.com, d.br...@math.canterbury.ac.nz, Kreinovich, Vladik
Dear Friends,

As many of you know, there is a connection between interval computations and constructive mathematics, Yuri Matiyasevich who did both used to say that interval mathematics is applied constructive analysis.

I am currently attending SCAN'2016 in Sweden, the main biannual conference of the interval computations community. Yesterday, we had a meeting of the organizing committee, and our preliminary idea is to organize SCAN'2020 in Christchurch, New Zealand (SCAN'2018 will be in Tokyo, Japan, September 10-14, 2018).

We were also discussing the possibility of collaborating with folks from other disciplines on this.

It may be a good idea to have a special session or workshop on collaboration with folks in constructive mathematics in Japan, we will definitely pursue this option, let us know if you are interested. I am sending a copy of this message to Dr. Shin'ichi Oishi from Waseda University, Japan, the main organizer of SCAN'2018, who yesterday gave us an excellent presentation of his existing plans.

For Christchurch 2020, we only have a general idea. Dr. Siegfried Rump, one of the leaders of the interval computations community, has some colleagues there, he will contact them, but in any case, the constructive math community participation there will be great. I am sending, to Dr. Rump, a copy of this email.

Vladik

Andrej Bauer

Sep 27, 2016, 3:19:32 AM9/27/16
to Kreinovich, Vladik, construc...@googlegroups.com, r...@louisiana.edu, ru...@tu-harburg.de, oi...@waseda.jp, dugbr...@gmail.com, d.br...@math.canterbury.ac.nz
I am more than happy to cooperate in the effort (in fact, it is my
duty). There is a minor organizational complication: I am on the
organizing committee of the 8th European congress of mathematics which
will take place in Slovenia in 2020. This means I can help with early
organization, but it is quite likely than in 2020 itself I will be
burried under a big pile of organizational duties.

With kind regards,

Andrej