RE: Mints memorial conference: information urgently needed

Kreinovich, Vladik

Apr 16, 2015, 8:55:14 PM4/16/15
to construc...@googlegroups.com, avpa...@yandex.ru, b.k...@csc.liv.ac.uk
Dear Friends,

As many of you know, the Euler Mathematical Institute in St. Petersburg, Russia, and the Steklov Mathematical Institute -- the place where Grisha Mints worked for several decades -- organize a conference devoted to his memory. The Third St. Petersburg Days of Logic and Computability will be held in St. Petersburg, Russia, Monday, August 24 - Wednesday, August 26, 2015, see http://www.pdmi.ras.ru/EIMI/2015/LC/index.html

The conference organizers are currently applying for Russian Science Foundation for financial support -- this is especially important so that Russian participants from other cities can come.

The deadline for grant applications is very soon, the granting agency asks for a preliminary list of participants and tentative titles of the talks. The agency understands that things change and the list may change and the titles may change, but they would like to see a preliminary version of the program.

So if you are interested in attending, please inform me (at vla...@utep.edu) and Alexei Pastor, the main local organizer (avpa...@yandex.ru), as soon as possible, ideally, by Monday April 20, also send us the preliminary title of your talk. Again, it is OK if you plan now but change plans or vice versa, these things happen with preliminary lists, we want to make sure that the funding agency understands that it is an important meeting.

The actual submissions are due on May 2015, a submission includes a 2-page abstract (shorter is OK).

Many thanks, and apologies for the last minute request. I am sending, to Alexei, a copy of this email.

Vladik