Building Deploy Artifacts with conscript

Clint Combs

Aug 23, 2012, 6:46:16 PM8/23/12
to conscri...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've got a batch application I'm building with Scala and sbt that I need to package for a production server deployment.  A single, executable jar or a zip containing a script and a set of jars would be a reasonable way to deploy it.

I've looked at projects like https://github.com/sbt/sbt-onejar and https://github.com/nuttycom/sbt-proguard-plugin, but conscript would seem to be a good candidate for doing something like this.  I'd like to avoid executing conscript itself in production.  Instead I'd like a way to run it in a "build" environment, package up the artifact(s) I describe above, and deploy them to prod.

Is this a reasonable thing to attempt with conscript?

Thanks,
Clint

Nathan Hamblen

Aug 23, 2012, 6:49:33 PM8/23/12
to conscri...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I think it is. We talked about this at scalathon, how handy it
would be if conscript-plugin could also build to a single jar,
progruarded or not. Even for giter8, I would like for people to use
conscript (or typesafe's installer) but there are cases where it makes
more sense for them to just download one jar and run it, then throw it away.

Nathan