Justin's Brother's Sharing and Memorial on May 3rd.

Hong-Mei Li

Apr 28, 2014, 9:43:08 AM4/28/14
to consciou...@googlegroups.com, Rob Gurnee, brut...@sas.upenn.edu, jbrog...@gmail.com
Dear Consciousness Club Friends,

Please share with Justin's brother, Jonathan, with any videos or simple memories.  We would like to get a website with Justin's memories.

If you haven't RSVP for the memorial, please do so, we we can plan accordingly.

Good luck with the final day of classes for those still at Penn.

Regards,
Hong-Mei

All,
 Please forgive the delay in sending this email, but know that I have
the utmost thanks and gratitude for the friends of my brother who were
able to make the services, and for those who could only be there in spirit
a few weeks ago.  Each one of you is appreciated beyond what you can really
understand.  I tried to get around and shake hands to give my personal thanks
to those of you who made the trek to Pittsburgh to say goodbye.
If I missed you, I do apologize.
 Working backwards, a friend of Justin let me know that there was a
group who gathered at the bridge and spent time having a good time
playing games and being happy in his honor.  That's a really awesome
thing for my family and I to imagine.  Speaking for myself, it
outshines and will remain the legacy of that particular place.  I will
think of that gathering when I eventually visit that spot.  From
there, my thanks to all who got up and spoke at the luncheon.  As I
mentioned, both my family and I wanted to hear all that anyone had to
say about my brother.  When I got up and spoke I expressed that I
didn't know how great and real his friends from all over truly were.
I meant that.  All of you have been a great amount of comfort to the
Broglie family.  Speaking for myself, being a distance away from him
(I currently live in San Diego, CA) and then returning for his loss,
there was an awesome feeling in knowing that he was genuinely loved
and cared about by those who were around him and knew him (you).
 I wanted to write this email to send out as both a thanks and to give
you all a point of contact to always keep to with Justin Broglie's
family.  I'm 33; I know how people can sometimes come and pass into
our lives, then as time marches on, peoples memories fade and the
sentiments can dissipate over the years as each of us moves on with
our lives; I accept this and understand it fully.  Obviously, for a
family member this isn't the same and the loss of Justin will be with
me the rest of my life.
 That said, this email is an open invitation to each one of you to
stay in touch.  If, for instance, one day (no matter how far
into the future) you're doing something that makes you think of him or
something that the two of you went through and you'd like someone to
share it with, I'd be honored to be that person and I would in turn
share it with Justin's parents (Les and Mary) and our sister Julia.  I
don't do Facebook so I know that I am at a major disadvantage in terms of
keeping up.  I believe our sister Julia has control of that and will
be tagging things on her account which will link to his.  For
instance, if you didn't make the viewing and don't know, there was a
wonderful video playing showing my beautiful brother throughout his
life with family and friends all around the world.  It was set to very
fitting music that he enjoyed.  We're going to put that online as soon
as possible so that all can check that out.  Frankly, no decisions
have been made in terms of how to deal with his online presence in the
future.  His Pursuit of the Unknown Website had some bugs very recently
but it is working again.  If whomever helped fix that is reading this, thank you.
Please feel free to share any stories you have, that we might not know,
but may really cherish.  Anything from short and simple to long and
elaborate would be truly welcomed.
 I don't want to keep going on and on; I am confident you get the
drift.  I'd love to hear from any (or all) of you as a slight way of
getting to know a few of his friends.  Obviously, I don't anticipate
being able to give you the friendship that he had with you, but if
anyone wants to share or discuss this wonderful guy who was in our
lives for far too short of a time period, the door is wide open for me.
We can share, "brotherly love" which clearly has a new meaning for me
when I hear it regarding the city of Philadelphia.
Please share this email with anyone whom you know I might have missed,
and please see below for an event happening this weekend in Philadelphia
remembering Justin.
From the depths of my heart, I wish each of you happiness and love in your lives.
Sincerely,

Jonathan Broglie <jbrog...@gmail.com>

Celebrating the Life of Justin Broglie
Saturday, May 3

My Religion is Kindness- Justin

Justin graduated with honors from the University of Pennsylvania receiving a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science Engineering and Digital Media Design. He pioneered several projects at UPENN including the formation of the Consciousness Club which served as home for many students looking for more progressive ways to live mindfully. He lead several initiatives at UPENN and the greater Philadelphia region that promoted healthy living and service. He was a cornerstone of the Philadelphia Art of Living Community, organizing huge Happiness Programs to spread joy and help others connect and alleviate stress. An incredibly gifted programmer and designer, he built apps to restore vacant lots in Philadelphia, and founded Relative Commotion, a web design and special applications firm. His kindness, intelligence, warmth, creativity, inclusiveness and connectedness were an inspiration to so many students, administrators and community members. This memorial is a celebration of his life and vision.

Date: Saturday, May 3rd
Time: 3-6pm (please arrive by 2:45pm)
Location: University of Pennsylvania/Claudia Cohen Hall - Terrace Room
Address: 249 South 36th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104
Directions (driving): LINK
Directions (map of CCH): LINK  (Terrace Room on back side of CCH)
RSVP required: LINK
Other: Refreshments provided.
RSVP