USB 5v power supply

Ryan Ralph

Apr 21, 2015, 11:28:38 PM4/21/15
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have a recommendation for a 5V Usb wall wart that's relatively cheap but of decent quality?

Tim Sheahan

Apr 22, 2015, 1:15:27 AM4/22/15
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
In my mind they're mostly a commodity item.

If you have a special need in terms of reliability then pick one that's proven itself reliable, or sling someone some bucks for same. I thought I had a spare Apple charger sitting around here. Can't seem to spot it now..

While you're at it, maybe it's worth picking up a thick-AWG USB cable on Ebay.

On 22/04/2015 1:28 PM, Ryan Ralph wrote:
Does anyone have a recommendation for a 5V Usb wall wart that's relatively cheap but of decent quality?

Toby Corkindale

Apr 22, 2015, 1:18:39 AM4/22/15
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Watch out --  a  lot of the cheaper USB 5V things have a lot of noise on the output. It wrecks havoc with more sensitive devices.
I have had issues with touchscreens not working right, SD card corruption, HDMI output flickering, from using nasty 5V sources.
(Most sourced from ebay, but one from Jaycar was bad too)

Element14 do 1A and 2A 5V USB plugpacks, that have tended to be good for me. I'd recommend going for those.

John Spencer

Apr 22, 2015, 1:27:30 AM4/22/15
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
http://tronixlabs.com/ac-dc/

If you order now with the CCHS instructions you should have it delivered to the space tonight.

Mathew Norman