New development in Extruder-Hot-End ?

Bogdan Bednarczyk

Apr 25, 2017, 10:18:37 AM4/25/17
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

I remember long time ago Michael, John B, and Rob had a nice Hot-End designed and ready for production. Did they become available for general public?

any other that tested good and reliable with the PTFE sleeve?

is there any one from printing group in the space on Saturdays? as I can not make it there any other day, what time is space open?

Thanks
Bogdan

Brian Gilbert

Apr 26, 2017, 3:25:56 AM4/26/17
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Hi Bogdan

On the extruder front there is the Zesty Nimble that I co-designed: https://zesty.tech

Cheers
Brian

tubular

Apr 26, 2017, 5:12:21 AM4/26/17
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Good to hear from you, Bogdan.

Apart from #worldcreateday last saturday, bunnings bbqs etc, not much happens on Saturdays at the moment.  Gil's going to be doing sessions on Sundays if that's of interest.

But if there's interest in starting something on Saturdays and you don't mind giving the occasional tour, we'd be happy to support it.

regards
Lachlan

Bogdan Bednarczyk

May 22, 2017, 11:55:14 AM5/22/17
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Ops,
forgot to check the posts, so many things happening in recent days.
Hey Lachlan, as you probably remember I'm working afternoon shifts (writing this a 2am), so I can not get there during the weekdays, when do you come in most often, any Sundays Lachlan?

I think would be most interested in occasional Sunday, But I was hopping some of 3d Printer people be there.

Hey Brian, Zesty extruder look good, and I can see the potential for multi head, but 85.00 euro which is AU$127.00 a bit steep for a uncle scrooge like me. and have to add hot end.

Thanks guys

Cheers
Bogdan

tubular

May 22, 2017, 3:55:22 PM5/22/17
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Some of us will likely be putting some (many?) kits together this Saturday, but details aren't finalised, will let you know.   But I'm not sure we're the kind of experts you want.

I take it you're after a recommendation on a new hot end, is that correct?  What are you trying to do exactly?

cheers
Lachlan

Bogdan Bednarczyk

Jul 13, 2017, 1:28:34 PM7/13/17
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Lachlan and Brian

Ops, forgot about the whole world
Took a long BREAK .... literally, Lol. I broke my arm 3 weeks ago (snowboarding) and I did not look at the emails.
Radial bone fracture without displacement but some angulation and compression. but most important "CAN NOT DRIVE".  (:

When I went back to the 3d printing few weeks prior, I found that I have some clicking sound produced by the Motor, and extrusion is blotched at regular intervals. It extrudes tiny bit more every half a second or so,
Maybe something got short but I can not recall any incidents.

So im looking for options for Small Extruder and HotEnd.
I had a lot of the designs in the past but nothing recent, and from the ages past Michael and John have been developing an extruder and the nozzle (hotEnd) combo and i thought surly they completed that by now.

Zesty looks very good, very light, and space saving, tempting. Not sure about the requirements for the cable drive (same as a bowden, length and space requirements), the top of my printer is closed and heated for ABS mainly. I will research more.

Going back to work for a few days a week on light duties next week, no lifting.

Is Michael and John B still coming to the space?
let me know.

Cheers

Cheers
Bogdan