CCHS Bunnings BBQ Hawthorn - Sunday 27th of March - Easter Weekend

Adric Landman

Feb 23, 2016, 3:26:28 AM2/23/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Hello All,

We are hosting a Bunnings BBQ at Hawthorn on the 27th of March. Running from 8.30am to 4pm.

This is a great opportunity for the space as we will be in Hawthorn and be able to talk to the general public about what we do. It will also bring in some money for us to buy new and shiny tools.

I am looking for volunteers. I was thinking of taking shifts one Starting from
8.30 am - 11am
11 am - 1.30 pm
1.30 pm - 4pm

We are looking for 4 people a shift and 5 for the middle shift.

Thanks,

Adric

Trystan -Crenn- Jones

Feb 23, 2016, 5:43:18 AM2/23/16
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com

Happy to help out then for any shift.

-Crenn

Adric Landman

Feb 24, 2016, 11:48:07 PM2/24/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Thanks for this,

I am looking for about 12 Volunteers. Ideally we would like to have 4 Volunteers a shift. One to cook, one to take money, one to server food and one to organise the supply of goods.

Ideally we might need more during the peak shift at mid day.

On Tuesday, 23 February 2016 21:43:18 UTC+11, Crenn wrote:

Happy to help out then for any shift.

-Crenn

Hello All,

We are hosting a Bunnings BBQ at Hawthorn on the 27th of March. Running from 8.30am to 4pm.

This is a great opportunity for the space as we will be in Hawthorn and be able to talk to the general public about what we do. It will also bring in some money for us to buy new and shiny tools.

I am looking for volunteers. I was thinking of taking shifts one Starting from
8.30 am - 11am
11 am - 1.30 pm
1.30 pm - 4pm

We are looking for 4 people a shift and 5 for the middle shift.

Thanks,

Adric

Tim Eastwood

Feb 25, 2016, 12:17:34 AM2/25/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Yup I'm there, can do the midday and / or later shift

Tim Eastwood

Feb 29, 2016, 4:55:35 PM2/29/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace
It looks like we'll struggle to get people for the easter weekend

S. Brett Sutton

Feb 29, 2016, 5:20:23 PM2/29/16
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
You can put me down for 11am to 1:30.
My 11 yo daughter will come. She has plenty of experience doing Bunnings BBQ's for scouts.

Regards,
Brett

Rob B

Mar 1, 2016, 2:03:38 AM3/1/16
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Apols, Im booked else where, before this came up
Regards Rob B

tubular

Mar 1, 2016, 7:14:15 PM3/1/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace
I should be able to do a shift or two, not sure when yet

Greg Nash

Mar 1, 2016, 11:51:58 PM3/1/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace
I'll be there from first sausage through to whenever I get too tired..

I am also hunting down a giant esky

Cheers

Greg

Adric Landman

Mar 2, 2016, 11:53:02 PM3/2/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Hello all,

So in all we are looking for 6 more volunteers.
We need 2 more people a shift. We are looking to have 4 people a shift and 5 on the middle shift as it could get hectic.

Does anyone have any really large coolers. We need to be able to store many kg of sausages and many cans of drink. If they could contact me that would be great.

So far we have:
  • 8.30 am - 11am  Greg, Adric
  • 11 am - 1.30 pm Tim, Brett, Adric, Greg (ish),
  • 1.30 pm - 4pm, Adric, Crenn, Greg (ish)
Maybe Lachlan

Thanks,
Adric

Trystan -Crenn- Jones

Mar 3, 2016, 1:17:16 AM3/3/16
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com

I can do 2 shifts if needed.

-Crenn

Adric Landman

Mar 22, 2016, 8:18:51 PM3/22/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Bunnings BBQ This weekend. Sunday 27th,

I would like some more volunteers in the Morning if possible!

Crenn, if you can please do the 11 am - 1.30 pm shift as well, that would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Trystan -Crenn- Jones

Mar 22, 2016, 9:26:49 PM3/22/16
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com

No problems, hope to get there around 10:30ish.

-Crenn

Thanks.

Bernd Wachs

Mar 23, 2016, 5:11:29 AM3/23/16
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
G'Day Adric,

I can help on Sunday.

Regards
Bernd

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/connected-community-hackerspace/f0c2e64a-78e8-4324-b42e-a3ab5fb26a9f%40googlegroups.com.

tubular

Mar 23, 2016, 7:07:52 PM3/23/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace
I can do the morning, would need to leave 11.50ish

Want me to brink drinks in esky fresh from CCHS fridge?

cheers
Lachlan

Adric Landman

Mar 23, 2016, 8:54:31 PM3/23/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Thanks Bernd, Lachlan and Tristan for helping out,

Lachlan don't worry about the drinks. I have bought extras for just the BBQ, they are all in the back room. We can cool them with ice. As its going to be a coldish day it should not be too much of a problem in the early morning.
Since Bunnings wants totals of money spent and raised I decided to separate them all.
We can use your cooler with the drinks and ice and the other one for the meat of vice versa.

Lachlan in the morning at like 8.15 am do we want to meet at the space to get the boxes then go to the Woolworths in Glenferrie.
Then we can set-up Bunnings bbq with Greg.

We need to be up and running by 9 am.

Adric

tubular

Mar 25, 2016, 7:05:14 AM3/25/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace
8.15 at CCHS sounds like a plan.  I'll try to get there slightly earlier to offload stuff from maker faire.