Opening tomorrow (Saturday)

Geoff

Apr 1, 2016, 8:46:47 AM4/1/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Is there a meeting tomorrow, Saturday morning 2/4/16?

Geoff

Apr 1, 2016, 6:29:49 PM4/1/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Have Saturday and Wednesday meetings been cancelled or is this a mistake?

There are no more upcoming Saturday and Wednesday meetings listed on the calendar or Facebook.

Stuart Young

Apr 1, 2016, 7:11:43 PM4/1/16
to CCHS
Hi All,

It appears that due to a lack of people being available to run the Saturday meetings, that they have been cancelled for the moment.

Once people have been organised (with sufficient backup/overlap) they will be recreated.

I believe that the Wednesday meetings have gone on a hiatus, and when they resume, they may even start on a new day.

Notes:
 Announcements go through a chain of systems, which means that it takes about 24 hrs for this stuff to propagate fully through, and there is one step in the chain that we can't currently control (Google Calendar integration). This means that we need to know WELL IN ADVANCE if a meeting is going to be cancelled for it to be handled automatically, otherwise manual announcements need to be made.
 We've had at least a full month of issues with the Saturday meetings (ie: a problem on every single Saturday), which has had a direct impact on how the public interact with us (eg: turning up & no one there, etc). As such, the exception to the trend is to actually have a meeting, so it makes no sense whatsoever to actually advertise meetings until we can guarantee we have people to run them.

--
Stuart Young (aka Cefiar)

Tim Eastwood

Apr 1, 2016, 7:43:17 PM4/1/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Hi all,

Can we please keep threads about opening the space on one list instead of across all three please... and try reply to existing threads where possible

I think the public list (this one) is the best place to discuss whether or not the space will be open, or to ask about finding someone to open the space since it will reach a wider audience of members. Limiting the recipients to only current duty officers (ie using the duty officer list) isn't going to expand our number of available duty officers. just my 2c, take with grain of salt

Cheers,
Tim E

Adric Landman

Apr 3, 2016, 12:18:04 AM4/3/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Hello All,

I want to keep Saturday running I have a few people who can turn up on Sat, we could take this in turns to keep this running consistently. This is a great time to get people to come who are not able to during the week.

I can open some days as can Tim and Bernd and a few others. If we could have some more volunteers that would be great.

Does anyone else want to help run Saturdays?

Adric