CCHS MakerBot Cupcake 3D printer (aka FrankenCake) out-of-order

Andy Gelme

Jul 12, 2014, 10:23:14 AM7/12/14
to Connected Community HackerSpace
hi All,

On the CCHS Cupcake, when trying to remove an especially stubborn 3D
print from the bed ... I accidentally damaged the wooden mounting points
(where the 3 screws attach to the small wooden horizontal bed mount,
directly glued to the metal header bed).

I ran out of time this afternoon to complete repair.

I anticipate fixing it before / at the start of Monday's session.

- - - - - - - - - -

FYI: It was just a simple print onto kapton tape (no ABS juice or
anything tricky). The bed was completely cold before removal was
attempted. Very odd that it was incredibly stuck, the surface area was
about 1.5 cm2.

--
-O- cheers = /\ /\/ /) `/ =
--O -- http://www.geekscape.org --

Chris Fryer

Jul 13, 2014, 3:11:44 AM7/13/14
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com, an...@geekscape.org
That's why you make those bits out of metal :P