internet at space

Tim Eastwood

Jul 20, 2016, 1:51:10 AM7/20/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Hi all,

The internet at the space is down. DHCP is not working on the Cisco unit after making config changes despite restoring the previous config to exactly what it was.....

You can manually assign an IP in the 192.168.0.100 - 192.168.0.200 range using 192.168.0.1 as the gateway and DNS for now, otherwise, come prepared with a mobile hotspot.

Apologies. I'll have another crack at it tonight.

Do we know any Cisco experts?

Cheers
Timtam

Tim Eastwood

Jul 20, 2016, 6:59:52 AM7/20/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Internets is back up, you might need to forget / rejoin the WiFi network

Tim Sheahan

Jul 21, 2016, 4:51:52 AM7/21/16
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com

I still have a handle on piping in many Mbps, depending on which network assets are visible from the roof.

My company was acquired by Spirit Telecom and the network keeps growing.

Happy to discuss if interested..

Tim Eastwood

Jul 23, 2016, 1:54:01 AM7/23/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Hi all,

The router that was installed in place of the cisco unit which won't work is having issues - the same ones that prompted its replacement in the first place (needs rebooting as it stops connecting to the internet / broadcasting an SSID)

Tim, I'll shoot you an email

In the meantime I'll put it to the committee to purchase a decent replacement ADSL router - my current suggestion is an ASUS DSL-AC68U. This was the unit that served reliably since the issues last year.

Cheers,
Tim E