Re: [CCHS] Digest for connected-community-hackerspace@googlegroups.com - 4 updates in 3 topics

Brett Sutton

Dec 15, 2017, 8:20:53 PM12/15/17
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Are we open today?

On 16 Dec. 2017 12:17 pm, <connected-commu...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Roman Valls <brain...@nopcode.org>: Dec 16 11:14AM +1100

Hello CCHS,

I would like to build a contraption/tool with a 60mm pipe and I checked
suppliers nearby:

http://www.steelsolutions.com.au/

Unfortunately they close soon today, so I decided to give it a try here and
see if:

1) Someone knows where I can find alternative raw material sources.

2) It would be awesome if someone with experience with the metal lathe can
teach me should I need to bring the diameter down to 55mm and do other
minor tweaks?

3) Someone is available and willing to help out at the HS today or tomorrow?

Thanks in advance!
Roman
Jai <tygg...@gmail.com>: Dec 16 11:41AM +1100

Where’s “nearby”? There’s Russel steel in Clayton, if it was the Springvale store that was handy. I usually buy from Handy Steel in Heidelberg, but they are a bit pricier generally (free delivery makes up for it in the quantities I buy, but not if you’re going to pick up). No idea on opening hours - people tend not to urgently need structural steel on a Saturday afternoon.

Lathing 60mm pipe down to 55mm will take 2.5mm off each wall - it may be obvious, but if you start with 3.5mm wall thickness, that’s getting pretty thin.

Jai

Roman Valls <brain...@nopcode.org>: Dec 08 05:22PM +1100

Still haven't got access (yet) :-S
Graham <graham....@gmail.com>: Dec 15 12:17PM +1100

Noise cancelling mic like guys in helicopters or gamers use?

Sent from my iPhone

You have received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.

Adric Landman

Dec 17, 2017, 3:13:38 AM12/17/17
to Connected Community HackerSpace
No sorry, we have the times we are open on the website. I do have a key card for you, however.

Adric

On Saturday, 16 December 2017 12:20:53 UTC+11, Brett Sutton wrote:
Are we open today?