Free (or cheap) circuit simulator software

James Muraca

Jun 15, 2015, 12:04:17 AM6/15/15
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Does anyone have any recommendations for software that will simulating circuits that is ideally free for a non-commercial usage or low cost? Circuits could be analog/digital, AC/DC. I guess something like spice for hobbyists.

Thanks
James

Robert Powers

Jun 15, 2015, 12:05:26 AM6/15/15
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
LTSpice. Accept no substitutes.

-Bob

John Spencer

Jun 15, 2015, 12:06:51 AM6/15/15
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
I've been playing with everycircuit, but only for simple stuff so your mileage may vary.

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 2:04 PM, James Muraca <jmu...@gmail.com> wrote:

Clifford Heath

Jun 15, 2015, 12:21:26 AM6/15/15
On 15 Jun 2015, at 2:05 pm, Robert Powers <rdpo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> LTSpice. Accept no substitutes.

+1. LTSpice (also known as SwitcherCAD) is awesome.

I know a veteran integrated circuit designer, 70+yo and still very active professionally,
who designed many well-known chips dating back to the early 1960’s, who still uses it
everyday for every part of his designs. It might be free, but it’s definitely not worthless!

Clifford Heath.
> To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/connected-community-hackerspace/CA%2BKRtjjU-zQbDfoz2jf0SJZW1zZ%2B9H6P-AAA0Mh7Py43NKwZ-A%40mail.gmail.com.

James Muraca

Jun 20, 2015, 5:14:30 AM6/20/15
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
LT spice does the job! Thanks a lot all!