Introducing evive: the best all-in-one embedded toolkit for learning, prototyping & debugging

Abhishek Sharma

Jul 18, 2016, 11:50:21 PM7/18/16
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Greetings Connected Community HackerSpace members!

Have you been looking for a simple and cost effective one-stop solution for learning, prototyping and debugging? Here's the latest and most probably the best Arduino powered embedded platform for makers. Please share this with your team and other people interested in STEM, prototyping, robotics, electronics etc.

evive is an open-source embedded platform for makers of all ages to serve a wide range of applications. It can be used by beginners to develop their making skills towards robotics and embedded systems, by hobbyists and students to build projects and experimental setups with ease, and by advanced users like researchers, professionals and educators to analyse and debug their projects.

Inline image 1

It's uniqueness lies in the quality of features it has to offer. With an Arduino MEGA at its heart, it offers a novel way of interacting with your hardware using it's visual interface. The accurate current and voltage sensing capabilities let you collect and analyze data from your projects. The whole world of IoT, along with power supplies, support for sensors and actuators and a prototype hub is available in one small portable unit. It saves your time and allows you to be more creative and innovative.

Inline image 2
We also offer learning modules with the device which are easy to assemble robotics & electronic kits for students for less than $50 each.

We wish the product is useful for your applications. We are happy to announce that evive is now available on Indiegogo, where you can find more details and place an order.

The product has been featured by Atmel Corporation, Arduino, SlashGear, Geeky Gadgets etc.

Looking forward to your queries :)

Regards,
Abhishek Sharma
Chief Operating Officer
Agilo Technologies, India
+91 8726 533 960

Clifford Heath

Jul 19, 2016, 12:09:44 AM7/19/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace
This message violates the non-commercial rules of this mailing list,
see <http://www.hackmelbourne.org/get-in-touch-with-cchs/>.

Clifford Heath.

> On 19 Jul 2016, at 6:48 AM, Abhishek Sharma <abh...@evive.cc> wrote:
[SPAM]

Tim Eastwood

Jul 19, 2016, 6:39:00 PM7/19/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Hi Clifford

I wasn't the one to approve the email (it was marked as spam) but I did consider letting it through thinking it was a pretty neat little gadget that some of the peoples here might enjoy... which I guess was the motivation from whoever approved it

We'd disabled the commercial email list in order to bring together club comms into one place and reduce the number of channels that only a handful of people bother to look at... but we may need to look at something different for commercial comms as I can see members having an issue with this stuff on the main list. It was just a trial run so we can turn it back on at any time. The idea was that we only allow through a limited quantity of commercial content we think members will enjoy

I think a better way forward might be for us (the cttee / email approvers) to have commercial senders request approval and then we send the content of the email through with a line saying - permitted by CCHS cttee. Then members don't feel like they are getting spammed by randoms and can see it's from us

thoughts?

Clifford Heath

Jul 19, 2016, 6:53:10 PM7/19/16
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Tim,

The message didn't bother me, I just wondered whether the policy was being enforced.

It might have been better to add an editorial note that an admin has passed it.

Clifford Heath.

Stuart Young

Jul 19, 2016, 7:40:44 PM7/19/16
to CCHS
This is from memory, but from what I remember, Google Groups doesn't allow you to edit moderated messages. Any editorial note would be a follow-up email.

That said, I'm not sure it was moderated, as looking onto the message source (this is still all based on email remember), there is no header saying it was approved, just that it passed through the list. This used to mean the person subscribed to the list, was given access to send messages (without having posted anything previously), and then posted the message. This is definitely very different to how this has been done in the past.

Note that I'm basing the above entirely on the lack of a header that usually denotes exactly WHO approved the message. It's possible Google has stopped adding that header (which is a pity, as it provided a way to figure out who approved a message to the list, etc).

Regardless of the above, I would suggest that if the policy is to change, even in a temporary/experimental way, that:
 1. The list is notified of the change before or as it's made.
 2. That the policies on the website are updated reasonably quickly to reflect the change.

This helps to avoid such confusion.

Stuart Young (aka Cefiar)

Tim Eastwood

Jul 19, 2016, 8:04:36 PM7/19/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace
The message was definitely approved by one of us, i saw it in pending moderation. We had put an email on the commercial list updating what was happening with it, as well as updates to the contact area of the website outlining that commercial entities need to seek approval from the committee before posting to the main list... which in this instance wasn't done.

If it's a source of annoyance we can go back to the way it was... the idea was to reduce the number of comms channels. Four mailing lists, plus a stack of email addresses and social media accounts, not to mention meetup etc etc etc.. for a club with 20 members is overkill and a nightmare for us to manage. Your patience and understanding with the changes while we find better ways to work with it all is greatly appreciated :)

Personally, I'd like to see a move away from the "mailing list" model altogether and towards a multi-threaded, categorised format instead - read: forum (which can support 'new post' email updates and 'reply-by-email' anyway), but that suggestion hasn't been met with enthusiasm haha

You're right though - getting emails like this without any context on club comms isn't really ideal.