Yarra trams free community advertising

Luke Ditria

Jan 15, 2018, 2:03:13 AM1/15/18
to Connected Community HackerSpace
http://www.yarratrams.com.au/about-us/our-partners/community/yarra-trams-community-partnerships-program/

Not sure if having CCHS on the side of a tram will help with members but it's an opportunity

brett sutton

Jan 15, 2018, 5:25:46 AM1/15/18
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com

3D Printing Course - no experience required

As previously hinted, CCHS is running a 3d Printer Course out of our Hawthorne hacker space starting 19th of February 2018.

The course will run for six weeks on Monday nights.

The course is $5 for members and $10 per night for non-members.

All fees collected will go to the space.

Everyone is welcome, no pre-existing knowledge is required, just a willingness to engage.

The course will cover off the basics of 3d printing with a strong focus on CAD Design.

At the end of the course you should have the basic skills to take an idea from concept to something you can hold in your hand.

The course will contain a small element of formal presentation but for the most part will be discussion based. Bring your
 ideas and question.

I also invite anyone with 3d printing experience to come down and share your knowledge, I don't know everything :)

The CAD design component will be based on onshape (onshape.com) which is a free (profession grade) online CAD system.

What do you need to bring:

Yourself.
A laptop (optional, but useful).

Please organise to have yourself registered with onshape prior to the course. This won't be required until the 2nd week.

If you know anyone else that might be interested in attending please forward this email as widely as possible.

So we can control numbers, please register by emailing me directly.
No.s are limited to 10 people.

Members will be given preference if they register by the 31st of Jan otherwise it will be on a first come first served basis, so get in quick.
To make it fair I think we need to organizes an up front payment (so if you register you do come and we don't end up with wasted spots).
If you are a student and an upfront payment is a problem let me know and we will work something out.

So where:

5 Kent Lane
Hawthorne.

When:
6 consecutive Monday nights from the 19th of February to the 26th of March inclusive.

Start: 6:30 pm
Finish: 9 pm

Any Questions please post back to this list.

Regards,
S. Brett Sutton

Luke Ditria

Jan 15, 2018, 6:15:24 AM1/15/18
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Hey Brett,
Happy to help out as previously discussed

Brett Sutton

Jan 15, 2018, 6:51:13 AM1/15/18
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
That would be excellent. Thanks

tubular

Jan 16, 2018, 1:35:11 AM1/16/18
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Hi Luke

Well spotted.   I think this worth considering.   I wonder whether the Bespoke Episode 3 video footage of CCHS might support an application - the advantage being it already exists.

Alternatively we have some good contacts for helping put together a good fresh video application

We've got a few docs where we answer the diversity questions

We're near a couple of tram routes too

brett sutton

Jan 17, 2018, 6:20:36 PM1/17/18
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com

Just a reminder.

If you have a moment could you please post a notice on your social media feeds so that we can spread the word.

Thanks,

Brett

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/connected-community-hackerspace/CAD%3D9NYZVJW0i-5VWnYqnXi7LFizuaXO%3DHP%3Dd7YBk%3DWf3tEJXag%40mail.gmail.com.

brett sutton

Jan 17, 2018, 6:22:55 PM1/17/18
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
I've spoken to a lot of people of the last week....

Someone mentioned that have contacts at the swinburne 'tinker' group.

Can you either forward the details to me or forward the 3d printer
course announcement to the group.

Regards,

Brett

tubular

Jan 17, 2018, 7:34:26 PM1/17/18
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Hi Brett

Can we post your announcement in a new thread rather than under the tram advertising one?

then we can point new people at it without confusion.

Also do we have a meetup page set up for it yet?  If not I can have a go.

cheers
Lachlan

brett sutton

Jan 17, 2018, 7:54:43 PM1/17/18
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
3D Printing Course - no experience required

CCHS is running a 3d Printer Course out of our Hawthorne hacker space starting 19th of February 2018.

The course will run for six weeks on Monday nights.

The course is $30 for members and $60 per night payable in advance.

[...]

Graham

Jan 17, 2018, 8:23:43 PM1/17/18
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
The course is $30 for members and $60 per night payable in advance."

So total cost for 6 weeks for a non member is $360?

Graham

Sent from my iPhone

tubular

Jan 17, 2018, 10:45:30 PM1/17/18
to Connected Community HackerSpace
No that's the total for 6 nights.

John Spencer

Jan 17, 2018, 10:57:31 PM1/17/18
to Connected Community HackerSpace
I think your threading has gone a bit weird Lachlan.

The threads are correct for me and your post seems like it refers to the other one.

On 18 Jan 2018 2:45 PM, "tubular" <lac...@tubularcontrols.com> wrote:
No that's the total for 6 nights.

tubular

Jan 18, 2018, 4:35:40 AM1/18/18
to Connected Community HackerSpace
hmm a glitch in the matrix?   this is what i see

Roboticist Mark

Jan 18, 2018, 7:40:29 PM1/18/18
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Mine looks like this also...

John Spencer

Jan 18, 2018, 7:47:56 PM1/18/18
to Connected Community HackerSpace
I'm looking in gmail, rather than the web interface and it seems fine there.  Could be related to the groups login?

Darren Freeman

Jan 18, 2018, 9:47:49 PM1/18/18
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Guys,

I saw it too, though.

New subject line etc, but gets sorted under the old thread.

Using Evolution as a mail client.

I note that it has a References: header that matches the Message-id:
header of the one it is being sorted under.

It looks like he hit Reply to All, and then cleared the subject/body in
his editor, made a new message.

But clever email clients still know :)

Have fun,
Darren

Graham

Jan 18, 2018, 9:58:17 PM1/18/18
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
I'm a believer in including the original message

Sent from my iPhone

brett sutton

Jan 18, 2018, 11:02:41 PM1/18/18
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
3D Printing Course - no experience required

CCHS is running a 3d Printer Course out of our Hawthorne hacker space starting 19th of February 2018.

The course will run for six weeks on Monday nights.

The course is $30 for members and $60 for non members, payable in advance.