CSIRO Lab 22 Tours

Greg Nash

Nov 5, 2015, 4:57:46 PM11/5/15
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Hi Folks,

I got in touch with Alex Kingsbury over at CSIRO Lab22 to see if we could organise a tour for members, turns out she runs regular tours and it worth a look as they do awesome 3d prints in titanium and other metals. I intend to go as soon as I can.

See below from Alex

Happy hacking
Greg Nash
CCHS President
=======
Please find the event details here: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/csiro-3d-printing-seminar-tour-tickets-19111366612

For reference, the tours are on every second Tuesday at 2pm at our Clayton site.

Hope to see you there!

Best regards,

Alex Kingsbury
Innovation Centre Director
High Performance Metal Industries
CSIRO

tubular

Nov 10, 2015, 4:07:53 PM11/10/15
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Hi Greg

Did you make that tour yesterday Greg?  If so how was it?

I need to get down there.  If they do what I suspect they can it'll save my work a fair bit of money

cheers
Lachlan

S. Brett Sutton

Nov 10, 2015, 5:07:48 PM11/10/15
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
So I've just purchased a nice new Creatbot DX 3d printer (very happy
with it).

I'm considering taking it to a local event to draw a bit of a crowd to
the local scout group.

Only concern is that the event is running off a Diesel generator.

Should I be concerned about the generator damaging the printer?

What can I do to protect it?

I do have a UPS but I've heard that not all UPS' can work with a
generator (something about the wave form being off).

Any advice would be appreciated.

brett

Michael Wheeler

Nov 10, 2015, 5:14:07 PM11/10/15
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com

Depends on the UPS type if it'll be happy running off a generator. I wouldn't worry too much as the powersupply of the printer is typically DC and will rectify the supply.

S. Brett Sutton

Nov 10, 2015, 5:15:09 PM11/10/15
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
So just put a surge protector inline and leave it at that?

Greg Nash

Nov 10, 2015, 9:45:58 PM11/10/15
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Hey Lachlan.

Unfortuately i had to cancel my ticket due to a scheduling conflict. Im keen as mustard so ill go as soon as I can

Cheers
Greg