Bunnings BBQ Sunday 14th January 2018 Request for Volunteers.

Adric Landman

Nov 21, 2017, 4:08:28 AM11/21/17
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Hello Guys,

Its that time again, we are running a Bunning BBQ at Hawthorn. It's a great time for people to come down and help us out, get to know other members and shoot the shit.

It will be from 8.30am until 4pm On the 14th of January.

Please come down. It will be a great day.

We do not have a roaster. If you can come for just a small amount of time and help out that would be great.

Thanks,

Adric

Brendon

Nov 23, 2017, 1:58:25 AM11/23/17
to Connected Community HackerSpace
What sort of roaster do you need? :P

I can volunteer.
Message has been deleted

tubular

Nov 23, 2017, 5:44:20 PM11/23/17
to Connected Community HackerSpace
That'd be a roster, that we won't have.

We'll most certainly have a big stainless sausage roaster, provided by Bunnings

Brendon

Nov 27, 2017, 1:01:00 AM11/27/17
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Hello again

My family has changed plans on me and I may now instead be going to my hometown in middle of January, which means I will likely not be able to volunteer now. Of course, the plan could change again. Put me down as a bonus if I manage to show up.

Sorry about this.

Brendon

Dec 27, 2017, 8:43:11 PM12/27/17
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Hello again (again)

I am now able to volunteer for the 14th of January. Nothing short of an Asteroid Impact can change this plan now.

tubular

Dec 27, 2017, 9:20:17 PM12/27/17
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Brilliant, thanks Brendon

Many of us are about to change wall calendars over to 2018 and will be wondering what to write on the new one.   Here's a really good answer.   Helping at Bunnings bbq really helps the CCHS bottom line and enables us to keep good things.

This time Bunnings have kindly offered us an "awareness table" where we can set up wares in a nice way and explain to people what we do.   We are also allowed to run a raffle, hand out flyers,and/ or sell items.   While this sounds great we'll need a few extra helpers to pull it off.

Don't about not feeling sufficiently knowledgeable, the questions are friendly and basic. There's also a few 'offline' jobs such as updating and printing a CCHS flyer that can be done in advance.  Any assistance from members or non members / supporters would be greatly appreciated

regards
Lachlan

Rob B

Dec 27, 2017, 9:29:19 PM12/27/17
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Can we get power to table to run 3D printer etc or do we go battery?

Luke Ditria

Dec 27, 2017, 9:42:44 PM12/27/17
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys, I meant to respond to this but forgot, I'll be free to help out on the day

Brett Sutton

Dec 27, 2017, 10:07:32 PM12/27/17
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
I'm possibly available, will confirm next week.

Can we organise a roster this time. Last time I turned up and mostly did around as we were overstaffed.

On 28 Dec 2017 1:20 PM, "tubular" <lac...@tubularcontrols.com> wrote:
[...]

Adric Landman

tubular

Jan 8, 2018, 9:24:10 PM1/8/18
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Yes this has snuck up fast.

This time we'll have an activities table to show our wares.  However it won't have mains power so we'll need to battery or UPS power stuff.   Bonus points for anything that uses bunnings hardware in an unusual way - i'm thinking your "bucket based" counter-rotating drone adric, or rob B's curtain rail rocket launcher.  The copper looking humanoid robot might be good shiny thing.

I won't have a whole lot of prep time other than running the bbq, the following tasks would help
  * updating the flyer of whats on at CCHS over the next month (we already have this, it just needs an update with current dates)
  * we're allowed to run a raffle if we want.
  * we're allowed to sell stuff to support CCHS if we want

If anyone can help with those three tasks, that would be much appreciated.

Rob B

Jan 9, 2018, 9:27:07 AM1/9/18
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Ok Im in for the morn at least.
I can bring a  supply of sizable 12V batteries, 6 100AH min and Ill look for a small 3d printer that will run on 12v can also bring a 50 amp 24v charger to keep up supply.
Anyone have a lower amperage display to use batteries better?
Regards Rob B

Rob B

tubular

Jan 13, 2018, 3:32:53 PM1/13/18
to Connected Community HackerSpace
BBQ is on today folks.  Come down to Bunnings Hawthorn and help out or just buy a sausage - it all helps.

tubular

Jan 17, 2018, 7:41:19 PM1/17/18
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Just a quick thankyou to all those who helped out at the BBQ last Sunday.   Probably our best yet, we raised $1460 after costs.

A big thankyou to Rob B who brought a (remarkably quiet) petrol generator and managed to have 3D printers going and actually printing stuff, sparking a lot of discussion.   Thats a big step up from the relatively static (or more brief/sporadic) displays we've managed in the past.   We had 4-5 visitors to CCHS on Monday night as a result of this outreach, and there will surely be more over time

It was good to see some friends from the broader community drop in and buy a sausage.  It all helps and its a good opportunity to catch up

cheers
Lachlan