Source of Acrylic

ajfisher

Jun 24, 2014, 12:49:30 AM6/24/14
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Hi all.

I know we have had some samples and what not over time but am looking for some pretty stock standard 3mm acrylic to build some more SimpleBots.

Does anyone have a local-ish source they could recommend? (Ideally but not necessary that they can deliver as I don't own a car)

Cheers
Andrew

Luke Weston

Jun 24, 2014, 1:06:13 AM6/24/14
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
A couple that I know of quickly off the top of my head that I've used before:
http://www.plasticcenter.com.au/
http://www.plasticraft.com.au/

Not an exhaustive list.

This email is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the human(s) named above. If intercepted by an extraterrestrial civilization, all opinions expressed in this email are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of mankind as a whole.

tubular

Jun 24, 2014, 1:49:39 AM6/24/14
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Others include Plastics for Industry, and Regency Plastics.  These are more drop-in shops but perhaps they can be persuaded to mail or courier.  Its normally economical to slice down a full sheet, if you need half a 8x4' sheet or more

I've mail ordered from Global Acryllics in QLD before - they sell a large range and in A3 or A4 size which might be convenient if you don't need too much

ajfisher

Jun 24, 2014, 9:39:31 PM6/24/14
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Luke and Lachlan for the tips - will check them all out now.

andrew mccoy

Jul 5, 2014, 7:47:30 AM7/5/14
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
There's some cut A4 pieces on ebay $8.70 delivered for two.  http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Acrylic-Sheet-Perspex-Sheet-Clear-Pack-of-2-A4-Size-210-x-297-x-3mm-/171237228048?pt=AU_Building_Materials&hash=item27de88be10.  Probably not as economic as whole sheets?

Scott Penrose

Jul 5, 2014, 8:02:03 AM7/5/14
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
I have bought from this place

Personally I picked up, but I am sure they would deliver.

Scott

Paul Harrison

Jul 8, 2014, 8:54:38 PM7/8/14
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com

This art supply store near RMIT had, eg, A4 sized 3mm colored acrylic sheets for $6.60 a sheet:

http://melbourneartsupplies.com.au/

---
Paul Harrison