Volunteers for Mini Make Day: Wearable Art Show Soldering Session (Sunday, Aug 28, 2016, 12:30 PM)

Adric Landman

Aug 17, 2016, 11:40:31 PM8/17/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace, Tim Eastwood, pres...@hackmelbourne.org, Lachlan TubularControls, Nemo ., Rob B, Rob Gannon, bern...@gmail.com, Andy Gelme, John Spencer, Andrew Fisher, Bob Powers
Hello All,

Its that time of the year again, Mini Make Fair at Library on the Dock and we need your help!

We are running a Soldering session and a table. The day will be short. From 12.30pm till 4pm. Sunday 28th of August.
You will get to help people learn new skills and meet new people; maybe even introduce them to a world of hacking!

So if you are available to help out, even for a short period of time that would be great. Just put your name down on the list.

Thanks,

Adric

John Spencer

Aug 17, 2016, 11:58:13 PM8/17/16
to Adric Landman, Connected Community HackerSpace, Tim Eastwood, President CCHS, Lachlan TubularControls, Nemo ., Rob B, Rob Gannon, Bernd Wachs, Andy Gelme, Andrew Fisher, Bob Powers
I'll be there.

What time is bump in?

Andrew Fisher

Aug 17, 2016, 11:59:29 PM8/17/16
to John Spencer, Adric Landman, Connected Community HackerSpace, Tim Eastwood, President CCHS, Lachlan TubularControls, Nemo ., Rob B, Rob Gannon, Bernd Wachs, Andy Gelme, Bob Powers

I can't make it in afraid as it conflicts with DDD Perth which I'm taking NodeBots to...

Andy Gelme

Aug 18, 2016, 12:17:11 AM8/18/16
to Adric Landman, Connected Community HackerSpace, Tim Eastwood, pres...@hackmelbourne.org, Lachlan TubularControls, Nemo ., Rob B, Rob Gannon, bern...@gmail.com, John Spencer, Andrew Fisher, Bob Powers
hi Adric,

On 2016-08-18 13:40 , Adric Landman wrote:
So if you are available to help out, even for a short period of time that
would be great. Just put your name down on the list.

(cons list 'andyg)

Are there any specific CCHS wearable activities planned ?

As a club, apart from just "showing off stuff" ... we could potentially do something using NodeBots and RGB LED strips ... and have an informal workshop showing people (especially kids) how to do some simple programming to make patterns.  On the basis that LED strips can be potentially sown into clothing, e.g

Jen: Are you keen to attempt something ... if some of us offer to pitch in and help ?

--
-O-  cheers  =  /\ /\/ /) `/ =
--O                           --  http://www.geekscape.org     --

Adric Landman

Aug 18, 2016, 12:29:47 AM8/18/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace, adric....@gmail.com, tim.ea...@hotmail.com, pres...@hackmelbourne.org, lac...@tubularcontrols.com, Nemo.li...@gmail.com, rbr...@gmail.com, robga...@gmail.com, bern...@gmail.com, an...@geekscape.org, ajfis...@gmail.com, rdpo...@gmail.com, Gil.Po...@melbourne.vic.gov.au
Good Question, Gil what time is bump in?

Tim Eastwood

Aug 18, 2016, 12:34:14 AM8/18/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace
I'd be happy to help out doing some drone stuff such as

  • static display of the racing quads etc (if nothing else, this)
  • mission planner demo?
  • big TV with simulator and Taranis - might have to speak to Gil to see if he wants this / can accommodate with space?
  • potentially could give some talks such as the 'basic antenna theory' and 'multicopter design' ones I've been working on for drone night?
Could also bring the Oculus PC again if you wanted, that was quite popular and was reasonably interactive

AJ has modded the big robot a bit beyond my abilities to pilot it anymore, but I can bring my own if it's wanted - I'm thinking of disguising it as a rubbish bin and driving it around :)

adric

Aug 18, 2016, 12:34:19 AM8/18/16
to Andy Gelme, Connected Community HackerSpace, Tim Eastwood, pres...@hackmelbourne.org, Lachlan TubularControls, Nemo ., Rob B, Rob Gannon, Bernd Wachs, John Spencer, Andrew Fisher, Bob Powers
Andy, I have not got anything planned. If you wanted to do something by all means but you might have to talk to Gill. I am at this stage looking to staff a table and do the required soldering we are being paid for. We can show off some NodeBots on the table and some RGB strips. Any workshops would have to go through Gill as he is running the show.

Adric
--
Till then,
as ever

Adric

The following document has been sent in confidence.
By opening this document you agree to the following terms that the email is confidential and for your (the recipients) eyes only unless otherwise agreed upon.
 The message is not the view of the company and can not be used against it.
We hereby claim no responsibility for damage caused intentional or otherwise.

skyler...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2016, 10:12:11 PM8/18/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace, adric....@gmail.com, tim.ea...@hotmail.com, pres...@hackmelbourne.org, lac...@tubularcontrols.com, Nemo.li...@gmail.com, rbr...@gmail.com, robga...@gmail.com, bern...@gmail.com, an...@geekscape.org, ajfis...@gmail.com, rdpo...@gmail.com, Gil.Po...@melbourne.vic.gov.au
HI,

All information for bump in, tables, parking, etc has been sent to the CCHS committee email weeks ago.

Bump in time is 11 AM
Door open at 12PM
Day officially runs 12.30PM - 4PM.
Bump out  4.30PM.

Best to email me directly if there are any questions :)

It's going to be a great day. Can't wait to see you there.

-Gil

adric

Aug 19, 2016, 2:12:05 AM8/19/16
to skyler...@gmail.com, Connected Community HackerSpace, Tim Eastwood, pres...@hackmelbourne.org, Lachlan TubularControls, Nemo ., Rob B, Rob Gannon, Bernd Wachs, Andy Gelme, Andrew Fisher, Bob Powers, Gil.Po...@melbourne.vic.gov.au
Attached is the Vendors Info
Vendors information- Mini Make Day 3.pdf

Jen Strover

Aug 21, 2016, 12:51:40 AM8/21/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace, tim.ea...@hotmail.com, pres...@hackmelbourne.org, lac...@tubularcontrols.com, Nemo.li...@gmail.com, rbr...@gmail.com, robga...@gmail.com, bern...@gmail.com, an...@geekscape.org, john.spe...@gmail.com, ajfis...@gmail.com, rdpo...@gmail.com
Hi Adric,

I've been doing a lot more soldering lately and I'd be up to teaching some people. Alternately, I'm happy to staff the table as well.

Jen.

Skyler 101

Aug 21, 2016, 2:42:24 AM8/21/16
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com