About Monday passed and CamBam Text Homework

Rob B

Feb 19, 2018, 6:20:05 PM2/19/18
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Stick or single stroke fonts work best (quickest and good looking) for depressed text engraving. As TTF fonts give a double line suitable for raised letting, but will require clearing out to a boundary generally.
So look for where these fonts go in Linux or as described in windows.
and more detail @
http://imajeenyus.com/computer/20150110_single_line_fonts/index.shtml
This is to help those that wish to do text on "Bessie" using CamBam

This Monday Roman took great strides towards getting "auto leveling (for PCBs and non flat surfaces)/digitizing" working. Looking forward to seeing whats happening by next Monday
Hope to find better speeds and feeds to get cleaner cut in copper boards.

Black laser has had a new power supply fitted and it fires fine, we now just have to hook up the laser modulation controls next Monday and then check calibration.

Inspiring work seems to be happening on the blue laser meanwhile but we may need to revisit sizes (steps per mm) to improve accuracy.

I would like to see a ring type metal blower on Taz printer to keep things flatter while cooling. Some lifting was noted on the right of parts nearest the fan last night.

And then there was 3D Printing 101 Course - No experience required - bring a mouse
 many came and shared Bett's experience, it made for a busy night in the space

We also welcome two new member who joined up as more permanent members tonite and should enjoy less cluttered access thru the day with cards

That will do for now
Regards Rob Brittain

John Spencer

Feb 19, 2018, 6:26:43 PM2/19/18
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Great report Rob

One note on stick fonts, there are actually a set of TTF Fonts suitable for CamBam at: http://www.mrrace.com/CamBam_Fonts/

In CamBam you may need to apply a "remove overlaps" step on the text.

John

tubular

Feb 19, 2018, 7:20:09 PM2/19/18
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Yeah it was great to see Brett's 3D printing course kick off, even if it made for quite a crowded space.   I opened up the side door so there was an 'alternate corridor' to the far end, rather than interrupting Brett to get through too often

There was some other good stuff going on last night.  That Biqu (?) delta 3D printer that John B brought in was producing stunning prints, didn't really expect the output quality to be that nice.  More awesome cake decorations.  And the laser cut mechanical keyboards... i had no idea this is a 'thing'...

And then there was the late night quest for the urgent prospecting metal detector.  Hopefully that works out...

Amy dropped by and has some Cisco access point gear available if we'd like it

On other fronts the blue soldering irons are back from their mission up to LCA in Sydney, and two of the four fume extractors (thanks Booroondara Council/Rotary) have been set up on the soldering benches.  Other LCA boxes are up on the member box shelves (I think this might be your stuff, John S?)

Thanks again to Rob & Luke for their work on the black laser...

cheers
Lachlan