Desk magnifier lamp taken out of use

Angus Gratton

Apr 9, 2015, 5:43:38 PM4/9/15
to CCHS
I dropped a soldering iron last night and melted the power cord of the
white desk magnifier lamp on the electronics bench. It didn't short
but it may no longer be safe.

The magnifier is packed down in the back with a custom "do not use"
sign on it[1]. When I'm next in the space I'll bring a replacement
power plug and put a new plug on it before testing and recommissioning
(thankfully the iron burn is near the plug end and the cord is long).

Please don't use it until a new plug is on it.

If this takes me more than a week then please hassle me about it (or
of course you can fix it yourself, but I'm the one who broke it so
it's really on me).

Angus

[1] BTW, does anyone know where the pile of plastic tag-out tags are
stored?

Brian Gilbert

Apr 9, 2015, 6:54:32 PM4/9/15
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
I think I have one of these somewhere that I could donate, I'll try and find it before coming in on Saturday.

Angus Gratton

Apr 16, 2015, 7:24:33 AM4/16/15
to CCHS
This now has a new plug on it, tested and back in use.