Looking for Volunteers for #SheMakes 2016 Sat Sept 10th @ General Assembly

April Staines

Aug 22, 2016, 12:37:13 AM8/22/16
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com, Sarah Moran, April Staines
Hi everyone,

Girl Geek Academy are running SheMakes, a makerfest designed specifically for women on the Saturday 10th of September 2016 at General Assembly, william street  Melbourne.

http://girlgeekacademy.com/shemakes/

Its a one day event where we will run two streams of workshops all maker related.

I am looking for some volunteers to help with 3D Printing Design and Arduino wearables:

3D Design and printing

We will be using Tinkercad  ( or 123D) and Sketchup (but open to suggestions on others)
I am supplying about 10x 3D printers to use on the day from my workshop

Arduino wearables

We will be using Lilypad Protosnap kits:   https://littlebirdelectronics.com.au/products/protosnap-lilypad-development-board-1 as well as a non programmable version for beginners.

Unlike the kits we had from the first shemakes I have tested the Lilypads and they dont have the comms issues we once had nor will it be necessary to solder, as we will revert to sewing on the electronics.  Im also hoping the protosnaps eliminate some off the issues we had with the kits we had 2 years ago (how things progress)

A volunteer will need some basic knowledge on how to program ardiuno.
Im happy to loan a kit out to play with beforehand if you would like to volunteer for this and want to get familiar with the tech

Big shout out to the CCHS committee for allowing me to post this here. :-)

thanks

April

April Staines - Melbourne AU

Jen Strover