CCHS Elections!

John Spencer

Sep 29, 2015, 6:13:12 AM9/29/15
to Nemo ., connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Hello fellow CCHS Members!

The CCHS will be holding the 2015 Annual General Meeting of the Association at the following time and place ...

   Tuesday, October 20th 2015, 8:00PM
   5 Kent Lane, Hawthorn
   Returning Officer: Nemo

This meeting will be run in accordance with Section 30 of our Rules of Association ...

Agenda ...

   Confirmation of Minutes for previous AGM 2014
   Annual Report from the Committee
   Annual Report from the Treasurer
   Elect the new committee for the 2015 - 2016 year

Nemo will shortly be calling for Committee Position nominations.  Eligible members are full  members in good standing and will receive an email confirming their status.  If you do not receive an email despite recently paying your membership, please email me at secr...@hackmelbourne.org

If you have any questions about running for office or are interested in helping out the space without going to the extremes of being on the committee, please feel free to email me!  The hackerspace wouldn't exist without all the good work people put in and like so many things, the more hands, the lighter the load.

John Spencer, CCHS Secretary

Geoff

Sep 30, 2015, 7:31:34 PM9/30/15
to Connected Community HackerSpace, nemo.li...@gmail.com
Nemo will shortly be calling for Committee Position nominations.  Eligible members are full  members in good standing and will receive an email confirming their status.  If you do not receive an email despite recently paying your membership, please email me at secr...@hackmelbourne.org

I take it you will post to this list that the emails have been sent?

John Spencer

Oct 6, 2015, 7:00:14 AM10/6/15
to Nemo ., connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone.

Just a last minute update to the Agenda.  The new Agenda is as follows:

   Confirmation of Minutes for previous AGM 2014
   Annual Report from the Committee
   Annual Report from the Treasurer
   Elect the new committee for the 2015 - 2016 year
   Volunteer Role Description - An Introduction (Greg Nash).

This amendment is allowable under RoA 33.1.b.  No vote is required for this amendment.

Date and time remain the same:
   Tuesday, October 20th 2015, 8:00PM
   5 Kent Lane, Hawthorn
   Returning Officer: Nemo

Thanks everyone, see you there.

John

ajfisher

Oct 6, 2015, 9:35:51 PM10/6/15
to Connected Community HackerSpace, nemo.li...@gmail.com
Do we have a process re proxy voting? Good chance I'll be in Brisbane for this one looking at my work schedule...

John Spencer

Oct 7, 2015, 5:01:38 AM10/7/15
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com, h1dd3n.0m3n
Hi AJ

That's on me.  I've attached the relevant form.

You can return this form to either myself or to Nemo (or, indeed, to your nominated voter).  Nemo and I will need all these forms before the actual election in order to determine who is eligible, but I'll do a call out on the night in case anyone forgets.

John

ProxyVote.pdf

0

Oct 17, 2015, 3:22:08 AM10/17/15
to Connected Community HackerSpace, h1dd3...@gmail.com
Current nominations are as follows:

President - Greg Nash, Rob Gannon
Vice President - Andy Gelme, Geoff Lethbridge
Secretary - John Spencer
Treasurer - Greg Nash, Tim Eastwood
Ordinary Member Nominees - Geoff Lethbridge, Tim Eastwood

The AGM will be held in accordance with the rules of association, see the website for more details ( http://www.hackmelbourne.org/membership-rules/rules-of-association/ ).

In accordance with Section 53 (1):
53 Election of ordinary members 1. The annual general meeting must by resolution decide the number of ordinary members  of the Committee (if any) it wishes to hold office for the next year.

The current membership will vote on the number of Ordinary Members for the incoming committee following the election of the President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer.

AJ

Oct 17, 2015, 3:54:49 AM10/17/15
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com, h1dd3...@gmail.com

Section 54 (1) the chairperson can install a corrupted returning officer.
</tinfoil hat>

Section 54 (5a) in this technological age, you have to be present on
the day, and kill trees.

On 17/10/2015 6:22 PM, 0 wrote:
> Current nominations are as follows:
>
> President - Greg Nash, Rob Gannon
> Vice President - Andy Gelme, Geoff Lethbridge
> Secretary - John Spencer
> Treasurer - Greg Nash, Tim Eastwood
> Ordinary Member Nominees - Geoff Lethbridge, Tim Eastwood
>
> The AGM will be held in accordance with the rules of association, see
> the website for more details (
> _http://www.hackmelbourne.org/_membership-rules/rules-of-association/

John Spencer

Oct 17, 2015, 5:37:14 AM10/17/15
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com, h1dd3n.0m3n
34.7 allows for an electronically transmitted proxy form as long as it is received no later than 24 hours before the election.

Not much we can do about the tinfoil hats.  There are a million ways to game the system that are all entirely legal and above board so I suspect we're just going to have to trust one another.  This year at least I think we can all agree that Nemo is entirely trustworthy.

And just in case anyone missed it previously, here's the proxy form!

ProxyVote.pdf

0

Oct 18, 2015, 3:39:21 AM10/18/15
to Connected Community HackerSpace
I really hope somebody transforms the inhuman communication mediums of our time, where equal weight is afforded to the words of wise men and fools.  I rarely post on these forums and try my best not to read them.  I'm looking forward to the AGM finishing so that I can continue in this habit.  In my mind it represents the worst aspects of our nature.  To the many lurkers out there, please don't regard this forum as being representative of the great work that goes on at the CCHS.  Ignore the timid souls who denigrate the work of others, grab your project and come down to the space to hack something with others who are just as passionate as you about inventing the future.

I'd just like to thank the nominees who have put their hand up to help and serve on the committee and if any of them wish me to step aside and let me lay the burden of the position on somebody else that they can agree on, then I'm happy to oblige.

Current nominations are as follows:

President - Greg Nash, Rob Gannon
Vice President - Andy Gelme, Geoff Lethbridge
Secretary - John Spencer

Treasurer - Tim Eastwood
Ordinary Member Nominees - Geoff Lethbridge, Tim Eastwood, Greg Nash

Let me just take this opportunity to note that ad hominem attacks will not be tolerated at any point on the night (especially from non members who aren't prepared to enter the arena) and constructive criticism is always welcome when accompanied with a firm commitment from the member to help improve the situation.  I'm looking forward to a positive and productive AGM.  Thanks.

Regards,

Nemo

0

Oct 19, 2015, 11:52:08 AM10/19/15
to Connected Community HackerSpace

Current nominations are as follows:

President - Greg Nash, Rob Gannon
Vice President - Andy Gelme, Geoff Lethbridge
Secretary - John Spencer
Treasurer - Tim Eastwood

Ordinary Member Nominees - Geoff Lethbridge, Tim Eastwood, Greg Nash, Brian Gilbert, Adric Landman, Shane Rogers

0

Oct 19, 2015, 9:25:33 PM10/19/15
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Ordinary Member Nominees - Geoff Lethbridge, Tim Eastwood, Greg Nash, Brian Gilbert, Adric Landman, Shane Rogers, Luke Weston

See you tonight!

0

Oct 20, 2015, 9:49:47 PM10/20/15
to Connected Community HackerSpace
I would like to thank all the people who have served on the outgoing committee in a variety of roles:
Dave Chanter (President), Andy Gelme (VP, President), Rob Gannon (Ordinary, VP), Bob Powers (Treasurer), John Spencer (Secretary), Anton Todorov (Ordinary), Zac Watts (Ordinary)

I'm pleased to announce that as a result of an above all positive AGM, we have a new committee.

President - Greg Nash
Vice President - Andy Gelme

Secretary - John Spencer
Treasurer - Tim Eastwood
Ordinary Members - Brian Gilbert, Adric Landman

Congratulations to those elected and it was great to hear that unsuccesful candidates will still have significant roles to play within the club.

Regards,

Nemo

Andy Gelme

Oct 20, 2015, 9:57:59 PM10/20/15
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
hi All,

On 2015-10-21 12:49 , 0 wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce that as a result of an above all positive AGM,
> we have a new committee.

On behalf of the whole CCHS ... thank you Nemo for all your effort and
time in playing a key role as the Returning Officer for the 2015 AGM.

Next year, we'll need to come up with a faster way to count ballots :)

Now ... back to hacking and making the space even better !

--
-O- cheers = /\ /\/ /) `/ =
--O -- http://www.geekscape.org --

Michael Wheeler

Oct 20, 2015, 10:36:59 PM10/20/15
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com

A series of tubes which people place ping pong balls into. Tubes have have a bend to prevent viewing of votes, swing the machine around to reveal votes. There are some scaling issues though with this approach.