Timber sources in Melbourne

Jai

May 7, 2018, 11:52:09 PM5/7/18
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
I'v started tinkering with some simple woodwork recently, and I'm having difficulty sourcing reasonable small chunks of timber. I'm not looking for dining-table sized slabs of redgum, but it would be nice to be able to find something other than pine. Can anyone recommend a source for small, ad-hoc bits of interesting timber that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Doesn't have to be dressed, although that would be nice. Chopping board sized or smaller offcuts, I guess - small boxes, knife handles, that's the sort of thing I'm looking at.

Zac Faragher

May 8, 2018, 2:16:46 AM5/8/18
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
If you're able to make it out to Springvale, I know Carbatec has various boards available for sale. Not sure how reasonable the prices are, but you could always give them a call.

-Zac F

Rob B