Some help required with 3d printer course

Brett Sutton

Apr 13, 2018, 6:32:28 PM4/13/18
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Gentlefolk,

the new 3d printer course starts this Monday and we are fully booked!

But I need some help.

I've change the course to include more hands on 3d printing.

The intent is to get 1 or 2 people each night to setup a print job at
the start of the night so that by the end of the course everyone has a
object that they printed to take home.

To do this effectively I really need some help at the start of each
night. Essentially I need someone who could help 1 or 2 of the
participants setup a print job.

Ideally I would need someone on site by 6:30 (6:15 would be great). I
can make it work if you aren't available until a bit later.

I'm guessing the setup would take about 30 minutes and then you would
have time to work on your own projects or be on your way.

If you can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Brett

Andy Gelme

Apr 15, 2018, 4:23:35 AM4/15/18
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
hi Brett,

On 14/4/18 08:32, Brett Sutton wrote:
> the new 3d printer course starts this Monday and we are fully booked!

Congratulations.  And thanks.

> But I need some help.
> I've change the course to include more hands on 3d printing.

Cool !

> The intent is to get 1 or 2 people each night to setup a print job at
> the start of the night so that by the end of the course everyone has a
> object that they printed to take home.

Great.

> To do this effectively I really need some help at the start of each
> night. Essentially I need someone who could help 1 or 2 of the
> participants setup a print job.
> Ideally I would need someone on site by 6:30 (6:15 would be great). I
> can make it work if you aren't available until a bit later.
> I'm guessing the setup would take about 30 minutes and then you would
> have time to work on your own projects or be on your way.
> If you can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

If you haven't already received a better offer from someone else ... I'm
happy to commit to helping with the 3D printer set-up for the next 6
Mondays.

--
-O- cheers = /\ /\/ /) `/ =
--O -- http://www.geekscape.org --

Brett Sutton

Apr 15, 2018, 7:21:58 AM4/15/18
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
That would be fantastic, thankyou.

I doubt anyone will be prepare to print tomorrow night but I would still like to start a demo print.

If it works for you,  would you be able to start a demo print at the start of the night and discuss some of the core settings.
Looking for the setup and discussion to take twenty to thirty minutes. I'm guessing your happy to talk,  if not let me know and I can lead the discussion.  I like to ask some leading question which will help with my later discussions.

If you have something that might be interesting to print that would complete by the end of the night would be great, otherwise I can organise something.

Hope I'm not asking too much.

Fyi, one of the regulars, Chris I think -I'm terrible with names, said he was happy to help occasionally so we could probably organise a roster of sorts so you don't need to come every night.

Greatly appreciate the support,
Brett

tubular

Apr 15, 2018, 9:08:51 PM4/15/18
to Connected Community HackerSpace
yes it was Chris who also offered to help get the prints started

I'll be there tonight and next Monday too, Brett.  Happy to help wherever needed

regards
Lachlan