Anyone need a CNC Machine ?

Roboticist Mark

Oct 1, 2017, 9:06:04 PM10/1/17
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Hi Folks,

Some sad days for the manufacturing industry in Australia ahead,

the shutdown of Ford and very shortly Holden (20th Oct) and Toyota (Tomorrow, 3rd Oct), means a huge number of Tier 1 suppliers are also closing their doors and/or moving offshore.

on the plus side it also means that real CNC machines are flooding onto the market 2nd hand and through Auctions :

http://tigerassetgroup.com/sales/dsi1/

http://tigerassetgroup.com/sales/walkertender/

if you have a workshop/space big enough and the $ to buy that is

Mark Street

p.s. I guess this is now a commercial post, but I intended for it to be more commentary ...

tubular

Oct 2, 2017, 7:47:18 PM10/2/17
to Connected Community HackerSpace
There are just so many aren't there.

I was talking with a supplier around the corner who has his eyes on an Anca machine.   His factory is already full with all sorts of toolmaking machines.

They were talking about the success rate of getting those Toyota toolmakers into new work and it doesn't seem to be a great percentage, sadly.   They need a really stellar mens shed to park this equipment + the knowledge of the operators, so we can make new stuff.