I2c multiple stepper controller/driver for Arduino or Rasbery?

Bogdan Bednarczyk

Jan 22, 2018, 9:30:42 AM1/22/18
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I have trouble getting to the space as I still work in the afternoons finishing at 11.30pm.
But I miss the buzz around the space.

Does anyone know or heard of a I2c driver for multiple steppers (16+ and chaining multiple of 16) like NEMA17 similar to Adafruit 16-Channel 12-bit PWM/Servo Driver - I2C interface - PCA9685
https://www.adafruit.com/product/815. But they use 3 pin servos instead of steppers.

All motors can use the same driver currents and they will be loaded similar loads. Allthough I can see the possibilities of using different loads and currents for other projects, at this time no need.

Thanks in advance

--
Cheers
Bogdan B.

tubular

Jan 29, 2018, 8:59:42 PM1/29/18
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Did you find anything Bogdan?

Some time ago we made some little DRV8825 stepper drivers that also had a small micro on same board.   You could use those, but would have to write the code for the pic/atmel

Bogdan Bednarczyk

Jan 31, 2018, 8:23:02 PM1/31/18
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lachlan

No, not really
I found one video based on PI but i did not think it will do the numbers as it did not have I2c
writing code is not a problem if i have some samples.

did the board have I2c address?
is there more info on line somewhere ?
My problem is that I don't understand enough of electronics. I wish I did study earlier in life. I know there is always a time to do more.

BB

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 12:59 PM, tubular <lac...@tubularcontrols.com> wrote:
Did you find anything Bogdan?

Some time ago we made some little DRV8825 stepper drivers that also had a small micro on same board.   You could use those, but would have to write the code for the pic/atmel

Cheers
Bogdan

Quan Li

Mar 26, 2018, 6:10:31 AM3/26/18
to Connected Community HackerSpace
In my last semester of my master degree, I did a project where I used an arduino controlled by a pi3 for l2c components. I think you can do it in a similar method, you just have to write some serial communication code on pi3.

在 2018年2月1日星期四 UTC+11下午12:23:02,Bogdan Bednarczyk写道: