Intro to Robotics Workshop

Sjaak

Jun 29, 2016, 4:28:31 AM6/29/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Hi everyone,

The University of Melbourne School of Design and Creative Kinematics will be running an 'introduction to robotics' workshop. Headed up by Jashua, an Architect turned Engineer, and Julian, an Engineer turned Architect, we are wanting to expose robotics to all professions.

This is a hands-on workshop where the participants will be taught basic programming and electronics with Arduino, learn to develop robotic tasks in Rhino/Grasshopper and execute small scale design proposals on the MSD Robot Lab's ABB robot arms. The introduction of robotics to new industries creates opportunities and the skills learnt from this intensive workshop will give you the ability to develop these skills professionally.

Dates:

Wednesday 13th July to Tuesday 19th July. excluding the weekend.

Price:

Regular: $770

Student: $550

Registration / Info:

www.creativekinematics.com

Please don't hesitate to contact us on this thread or email us at robotw...@creativekineamtics.com

Looking forward to a fun workshop and hope you all can get onboard!

Julian Rutten

Creative Kinematics

Email: jsr@creativekineamtics.com
Website: www.creativekinematics.com

80x120 flyer.pdf

Roboticist Mark

Jun 29, 2016, 8:06:45 PM6/29/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace

I would highly recommend this workshop for anyone interested in Mechatronics and new methods of programming via Grasshopper

spending $770 on 5 days sound like a bit, but this would be awesome introduction to new applications of industrial robots as part of your architecture / design / engineering study course / professional development

- Mark
p.s. I'm only slightly biased, being involved in the Melb. Uni setup through work.