Working Bee for the Hackerspace Sat 26th of Nov

Adric Landman

Nov 10, 2016, 5:56:51 PM11/10/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Hello All,

Its about time we clean out the space and rearrange it. We want to make the space more usable and a nicer place to be.
We will be running a bbq lunch for all involved.

Thanks.

Adric

Tim Eastwood

Nov 10, 2016, 9:23:50 PM11/10/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Thanks Adric

It is worth mentioning as well to all members: Please come and remove or discard anything that is taking up space that you don't want or don't intend to use. I think we have accumulated a lot of junk and it would be good not to be standing around at the working bee wanting to get rid of something or tidy an area but not knowing who stuff belongs to and whether they want to keep it (or if they're even still an active member).

Some other things that come to mind for either disposal, or whatever, are:

the old cctv cameras and other IT equipment on the top shelf
the compressors and other A/C parts (from the vendo?) on the shelf
the vacuum molder - is that abandoned ?
PCB etching stuff - can we get that going or does it need parts / supplies?
the boxes of 'stuff' under the benches - like dismantled ATX power supplies - strip caps out and dispose maybe?
extra vacuum cleaners - clean out that area where they're stored?
the stuff in storage above Bessie - looks like there was an old bike frame for example
stuff in the back office
perhaps donate the books or send them home, nobody seems to use them?

Lachlan I think you nominated me driver for getting rid of stuff. Happy to do that but I don't have a suitable vehicle and I'm not overly prepared to load my corolla up with anything that might damage it.... maybe we can hire a ute if we get desperate

Cheers,
Tim

tubular

Nov 13, 2016, 12:01:20 AM11/13/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Yes thanks for setting all this up, Adric

Tim I can look after the disposals, no problem, it was more that you had a vision/plan for the back room and some of the main area as I recall?  That seemed a good place to start

One other thing I'd like to do is modify that big bit of laserproof fibro slightly so it can hang in front of the chemicals (hangs in front of them), to limit access for when we have young kids in the space.

I'm also working on a purpose built pcb fab stand which will hold the best bits from my/micks setup and andys garage setup, as well as some demo pcbs

Tim Eastwood

Nov 13, 2016, 5:20:35 PM11/13/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Ah so team driver rather than vehicle driver. Seems I took it literally :) As far as the working bee goes, basically just cleaning out the stuff from the room will do, then we can go about refurbing and repurposing it. I was thinking some carpet and some colour on the walls would make it nice and inviting, and we could put the Lego Mindstorms in there with some design books as a setup for kids.

skyler...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2016, 10:57:40 PM11/13/16
On Friday, November 11, 2016 at 1:23:50 PM UTC+11, Tim Eastwood wrote:

Some other things that come to mind for either disposal, or whatever, are:

the vacuum molder - is that abandoned ?

If the Vac Former project has been abandoned, is it possible for new members to step up and complete it?
I for one would be interested in seeing the VacFormer added to the CCHS.

-Gil

Tim Eastwood

Nov 14, 2016, 4:17:12 PM11/14/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Hi Gil,

Should be possible, I'm not sure who owns it though

Thanks
Tim

Tim Eastwood

Nov 28, 2016, 10:31:59 PM11/28/16
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Thanks to those who showed up for the working bee. It wasn't a long day but we got a bunch of stuff done in the back room and it's now pretty a pretty useable area. It would be good to organise another working bee for the main room with a mind for moving things around to make better use of the space.

The back room would come up a bit nicer with some carpet and some colour on the walls. Adric suggested picking up some rugs from Bunnings but I thought that a bit costly. Does anyone know any with, or have any, nice carpet that we could lay down?

Cheers,
Tim

tubular

Nov 29, 2016, 7:59:20 PM11/29/16