Fwd: Are any of your members interested in open source sensor monitoring and display?

Secretary CCHS

Feb 6, 2018, 4:51:11 AM2/6/18
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Coote <dcc...@outlook.com>
Date: Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 10:15 AM
Subject: Are any of your members interested in open source sensor monitoring and display?
To: "secr...@hackmelbourne.org" <secr...@hackmelbourne.org>

Hi,

I'd like to set up some open source sensor monitoring at my home in Camberwell. Temperature, some plug loads, PV generation etc And I'd like to share the data on the WWW. Are any of your members doing anything in this area? I have embedded software engineering and data analysis experience but it's always handy to find out what's worked and what hasn't from people with direct experience.

Regards

David

Roboticist Mark

Feb 6, 2018, 4:51:27 PM2/6/18
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Hi there David,

A great place to start would be the Engineers Australia IOT Community forum, as they have a bunch of webinars and howtos for different web enabled platforms
https://iot.engineersaustralia.org.au/forums/forum/2-iot-engineering/

There are a number of CCHS members who have made projects in this area in the past using WiFi chips and/or Raspberry Pi boards - also check out the ESPlant project from John and Angus for the Open Hardware conf. 2016 http://www.openhardwareconf.org/wiki/OHC2016

Cheers,

Mark

brett sutton

Feb 7, 2018, 2:27:21 AM2/7/18
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com

I'm playing in this area and my brother has a PI based web app that pulls data from his smart meter (using the flickering LED to measure usage).

My app is a web app for the raspberry pi for irrigation and watering control. I'm looking to add in a soil moisture monitor.

I don't have much hardware experience but I was once a professional programmer.

My app is here:

https://github.com/bsutton/IrrigationForPi

The app currently controls 7 valves and will shortly control lighting.

My brothers is here:

https://github.com/rlsutton1/Thermostat

both apps are built in java on the vaadin framework which is really excellent.

I might be interested in some collaboration.

brett sutton

Feb 10, 2018, 6:53:57 PM2/10/18
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com

Just a reminder that the 3d printer course starts next Monday night (19th) for 6 consecutive mondays.

We still have 4-5 spots available.

The cost is $60 dollars for the entire course,

You will learn CAD and how to 3d print.

If can you forward this email to anyone interested.

If you know a student for whom the fee is a problem, then let them know we have some subsidized spots. We don't want anyone to miss out.

They can sign up here:

https://www.meetup.com/Connected-Community-HackerSpace-Melbourne/events/trvdgpyxdbzb/

Regards,

Brett