What vids do we want to see on the new CCHS TVs

tubular

Jul 11, 2014, 4:20:18 AM7/11/14
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
The first two tv's are mounted and looking good.  Every seat in the main space gets a pretty good view

I'll load up some USB sticks, while we're working on cabling and stepper driven height adjustment.

Any suggestions for content?  EEVblogs?  Ben Heck show?  etc

Trystan -Crenn- Jones

Jul 11, 2014, 5:17:53 AM7/11/14
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lachlan,

One idea would be to have content for the different nights, such as timelapses of prints for the 3D printing nights, kicad tutorials for the Circuits & PCB nights, and for general days a mixture of content. Just an idea though.

Regards,
Crenn

tubular

Jul 11, 2014, 5:28:16 AM7/11/14
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Yes a good idea, keep them coming...

Michael Sullivan

Jul 11, 2014, 5:38:20 AM7/11/14
to connected-community-hackerspace
Mount a Raspberry Pi on the back of each one with a wireless dongle instead of cables

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 7:28 PM, tubular <lac...@tubularcontrols.com> wrote:
Yes a good idea, keep them coming...

tubular

Jul 11, 2014, 6:00:34 AM7/11/14
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Yes the Pi is a good option.  There are ethernet cables in the vicinity, but one hasn't been RJ45 terminated yet.   Not sure about the other one as its behind the tool shelf at the moment.

I still think running 10m cables is a good idea so there is no barrier to getting something up on the tv quickly (other than finding the remote).   They will reach the tables we sit at so anyone can plug in

Alec Clews

Jul 11, 2014, 11:53:58 PM7/11/14
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com