3d printer course

Brett Sutton

Mar 23, 2018, 10:59:13 PM3/23/18
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Gentlefolk,

I'm going to run the 3d printer course again starting in April.

I don't know if the participants had fun but I certainly did. So if you are interested in learning how to go from design concept to a 3D printed object then sign up via the meetup.

We are just in the process of creating the new meetup which I will post shortly.

The course will be on Monday nights at the CCHS Maker space starting Monday the 16th of April.

The course is limited to 10 people.  The first course was sold out so get in quick if you are interested.

The course is intended to be very practical with every session including hands on exercises.

The 6 week course is $45 for members and students and $90 for non-members.

if you have ever wanted to give 3d printing a go then this is your chance.

Regards,
Brett

Brett Sutton

Mar 27, 2018, 6:09:17 PM3/27/18
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
If you could share this with any friends or groups that you belong to it would be greatly appreciated.

All fees go directly to CCHS.

Thanks,
Brett

tubular

Apr 8, 2018, 7:10:41 AM4/8/18
to Connected Community HackerSpace
*bump*  Starting Monday week, April 16th.

5 places left as of now.

damie...@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2018, 8:06:37 PM4/8/18
to CCHS
Hi all,

If anyone's thinking "Maaaybe?" about this upcoming course, here are some of my thoughts from attending the previous 3D printing course Brett ran:

* It starts off assuming no prior knowledge. Maybe you've heard about 3D printing and are interested, but don't know where to start. That's fine.
* You don't have to own a 3D printer, or have used CAD software before, or be an expert at electronics or programming. Just turn-up with your laptop.
* The course is good value for money. Brett knows what he's talking about, there are other experts on hand (big thankyou to Rob B) to help answer questions of demonstrate things. The number of participants is limited to the level where you can get individual attention and don't feel left behind. Furthermore, the software (OnShape and Cura) costs $0 for personal use. There are other options for software, but I think their complexity and price can be a barrier to newcomers. Skills you learn in this course are transferrable.
* During a few sessions in the middle of the course, I didn't get the exercises completed by the end of the evening. It's no problem to complete it as homework.
* Course notes are provided in GoogleDocs. You can download them in point-form and modify them.
* It's very hands-on. After the intro/theory of the first session, in the following weeks you're learning-by-doing. Personally, I found this a very effective way to learn practical skills.

Cheers,
Damien

On 8 April 2018 at 21:10, tubular <lac...@tubularcontrols.com> wrote:
*bump*  Starting Monday week, April 16th.

5 places left as of now.

Brett Sutton

Apr 8, 2018, 8:33:23 PM4/8/18
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com