Kafka Connect Error

vivek sharma

Mar 2, 2017, 11:33:43 AM3/2/17
to Confluent Platform
Hello Mates - Did anyone face the below error while starting Kafka-Connect in distributed mode, if yes what was the solution, is it due to version mismatch, which specific jars I need to check to get rid of this one, not sure from where it is picking kafka-clients-0.10.0.1, I am having kafka-clients-0.10.0.0 jar in lib folder and using kafka server 0.10.0.0

org.apache.kafka.common.protocol.types.SchemaException: Error reading field 'topics': Error reading array of size 1468532, only 28 bytes available
        at org.apache.kafka.common.protocol.types.Schema.read(Schema.java:73) ~[org.apache.kafka.kafka-clients-0.10.0.1.jar:na]
        at org.apache.kafka.clients.consumer.internals.ConsumerProtocol.deserializeSubscription(ConsumerProtocol.java:97) ~[org.apache.kafka.kafka-clients-0.10.0.1.jar:na]

Gwen Shapira

Mar 3, 2017, 9:35:05 PM3/3/17
to confluent...@googlegroups.com
It does look like a version mismatch (either than or mistake configuring security).

However, 0.10.0.1 and 0.10.0.0 are compatible. Are you sure you don't have other stray jars in your client?

Gwen Shapira
Product Manager | Confluent
650.450.2760 @gwenshap
Follow us: Twitter | blog