Invalid receive size Kafka

Alparslan Uysal

Dec 19, 2016, 5:37:10 AM12/19/16
to Confluent Platform
Hi confluent team,
I got InvalidReceiveException after few days running of kafka.

[2016-12-19 13:27:00,004] WARN Unexpected error from /127.0.0.1; closing connection (org.apache.kafka.common.network.Selector)
org.apache.kafka.common.network.InvalidReceiveException: Invalid receive (size = 1347375956 larger than 104857600)
    at org.apache.kafka.common.network.NetworkReceive.readFromReadableChannel(NetworkReceive.java:91)
    at org.apache.kafka.common.network.NetworkReceive.readFrom(NetworkReceive.java:71)
    at org.apache.kafka.common.network.KafkaChannel.receive(KafkaChannel.java:154)
    at org.apache.kafka.common.network.KafkaChannel.read(KafkaChannel.java:135)
    at org.apache.kafka.common.network.Selector.pollSelectionKeys(Selector.java:343)
    at org.apache.kafka.common.network.Selector.poll(Selector.java:291)
    at kafka.network.Processor.poll(SocketServer.scala:476)
    at kafka.network.Processor.run(SocketServer.scala:416)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Ewen Cheslack-Postava

Dec 20, 2016, 1:51:25 AM12/20/16
to Confluent Platform
This indicates that you're trying to receive a request that is too large. The maximum size (the "larger than" part of the message) is the default size for socket.request.max.bytes, which is 100MB.

Is it possible any of your clients is trying to send a request this large?

-Ewen

Bian Frank

Jul 31, 2019, 11:24:44 PM7/31/19
to Confluent Platform
Hey, does it fix?
I have same issue which the request come from "black-exporter"? any advise from you?

kafka1.png

kafka2.png

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 2:37 AM, Alparslan Uysal <alparsl...@kesit.info> wrote:
[...]

Stanislav Kozlovski

Aug 3, 2019, 5:27:27 PM8/3/19
to confluent...@googlegroups.com
Hey Frank,

This sounds like a mismatched protocol issue. What is this "blackbox exporter"? My intuition is that it is trying to talk to Kafka via the HTTP protocol, resulting in Kafka misreading it as a request size of 1195725856

Best,
Stanislav