Error producing to topics

Stuart Wong

Mar 14, 2016, 11:35:10 AM3/14/16
to Confluent Platform
Hey all,

Running into an issue with one of our Kafka Brokers and am hoping someone can provide some insight. We've got a 3-node ZooKeeper ensemble supporting a 3-node Kafka Broker setup with no CPU, memory or file system issues that we can see. When we try to produce to any topic (using the console producer in the extract below) we get:

[2016-03-14 15:28:34,351] ERROR Error when sending message to topic cor.support.test.incoming with key: null, value: 6 bytes with error: Failed to update metadata after 60000 ms. (org.apache.kafka.clients.producer.internals.ErrorLoggingCallback)

There's nothing in any of the logs though (i.e. ZooKeeper, or Kafka) that we can see. The only thing in ZooKeeper is the regular:

2016-03-14 15:33:25,972 WARN  [myid:1] [NIOServerCxn.Factory:0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:2181:NIOServerCnxn@357] - caught end of stream exception
EndOfStreamException: Unable to read additional data from client sessionid 0x0, likely client has closed socket
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn.doIO(NIOServerCnxn.java:228)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxnFactory.run(NIOServerCnxnFactory.java:208)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I appreciate any thoughts on this error and/or situation, thanks in advance.

Stuart Wong

Mar 16, 2016, 4:15:53 PM3/16/16
to Confluent Platform
Well this is quite embarrassing. I was using the wrong port to produce. Using the correct port made things worked (no surprise there).

Thanks.

Peter Davis

Mar 25, 2016, 12:52:13 PM3/25/16
to Confluent Platform
We just encountered the same problem.  The error message could really use some improvement here.  Would have saved an hour of head-banging :-)

-Peter

lovecas...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2017, 12:55:05 AM2/27/17
to Confluent Platform
Is this problem solved? I have met! Thank you!

在 2016年3月14日星期一 UTC+8下午11:35:10,Stuart Wong写道:

shamim Wilson

Aug 9, 2017, 2:56:06 PM8/9/17
to Confluent Platform
I am facing the same issue. I verified the host and port and they seems to be fine. not sure what am I missing

Tushar Sudhakar Jee

Aug 9, 2017, 5:16:28 PM8/9/17
to Confluent Platform
Even I have a similar unresolved error raised in a different post:

Afsar Alam

Aug 10, 2017, 12:51:31 AM8/10/17
to confluent...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Probably you are using localhost:9092 in kafka-producer command.Once verify whether in server.properties is listeners=PLAINTEXT://0.0.0.0:9092 or your node IP. If its IP then use your ip in kafka-producer command.

If it does not help,send your server.properties file.

Thanks
Afsar

Tushar Sudhakar Jee

Aug 10, 2017, 11:58:56 AM8/10/17
to Confluent Platform
Hi Afsar,
I used IP in my server.properties.
Its as attached.

Also,
The kafka producer script uses the entire broker list in a format as below:
broker_list=10.0.7.48:9092,10.0.7.217:9092,10.0.10.232:9092,10.0.10.26:9092,10.0.9.159:9092,10.0.1.159:9092,10.0.5 .231:9092,10.0.5.124:9092,10.0.10.247:9092,10.0.11.15:9092,10.0.1.229:9092,10.0.6.169:9092

Thanks.
Tushar

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 11:25 AM, <lovecas...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

server.properties

Afsar Alam

Aug 11, 2017, 9:25:44 AM8/11/17
to confluent...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tushar,
In the provided server.properties there is only one zookeeper info is provided,as you have 3 nodes,you should add all three zookeepers.
By the way,this also should work if that zookeeper is running.
Can you attach all  three zoo.cfg and three kafkas' server.properties?
It will be helpful to sort out.

Regards
Afsar Alam

Hi Afsar,
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to confluent-platform+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Tushar Sudhakar Jee

Aug 11, 2017, 9:49:31 AM8/11/17
to Confluent Platform
Hi,
1.What do you mean by three kafkas' server.properties or 3 nodes?
I have 9 brokers on different VMs and they have the same server.properties except the brokerid and listeners configuration.
Thanks,
Tushar
Hi Afsar,
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to confluent-platform+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Afsar Alam

Aug 11, 2017, 2:24:02 PM8/11/17
to confluent...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tushar,

If you can share your all zoo.cfg(zookeeper) files and server.properties files , it will be helpful and I shall point the issue.
In the attached server.properties there is only one zookeeper which is  being pointed by your kafka broker.
If I am not wrong you are  using multi zookeeper in cluster to take care all your  kafka brokers.

Regards
Afsar Alam

Hi Afsar,
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to confluent-platform+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Tushar Sudhakar Jee

Aug 14, 2017, 4:38:01 PM8/14/17
to Confluent Platform
Afsar,
Currently in the discussed setup what difference would having multiple zookeepers make ?
I am presently using only one zookeeper for the broker cluster.
The zookeeper.properties only has dataDir  mentioned.

Thank you,