Moving forward

Mar

Sep 3, 2014, 1:44:31 PM9/3/14
to conco...@googlegroups.com
The denhac merger did not go through.

That said, there is no reason our members shouldn't join denhac if they're still looking for a space. I will likely join down the road. The terms of the merger would have put us in nearly the same position as simply joining denhac, so as far as I'm concerned, no harm, no foul. We've reached out and begun building a relationship with denhac, which only means good things in the future.

So where we're at.
1) Cabal (art co-op) takes over the lease October 1st. There is no reason we can't continue our classes at the space. IMHO, the classes have always been Concoctory's strength. The people involved with Cabal are very cool and excited to see classes continue. I would love our current board, and any interested people on this list to continue with this effort. If we aren't stressing over the bills and upkeep, and instructors are being paid more for their efforts, imagine the amount of love and energy we can put in to education.

2) Equipment has got to go. I will schedule a Closing sale for next weekend - September 12th, 13th, and 14th. This is the last time Concoctory as a hackerspace will need volunteers. Please volunteer! We need your help more than ever - helping organize the closing, tagging equipment, manning the counter, and giving the hackerspace a proper send off. We have had mounting bills for a while, and at this point, even with the Cabal money, we have to sell things off to cover it all. Some of the choice equipment we can keep for our classes. If you've loaned any equipment to the space and want it back, please come down and pick it up before the sale. Email if you don't currently have access and I'll schedule a time to let you in. We can also donate some of what we have to denhac.
If we bring in more money than we need (which is likely), we dump it in to the continuing education effort. Sound good?

It's been a hell of a ride, but I'm so glad I had the opportunity to do this with you all.
Let's give the hackerspace a proper send off.

Mar

Sep 3, 2014, 2:03:32 PM9/3/14
to conco...@googlegroups.com
Also if anyone has prepaid for membership, please email me offlist and we'll get you refunded.

DETN8R

Sep 3, 2014, 2:08:13 PM9/3/14
to conco...@googlegroups.com, m...@sudux.com
I'm sorry to those that did not like denhac or the other spaces out there and chose us for our culture and community who are now left with nowhere to work on projects or be creative or access to the community we have fostered.

Christopher Chadwick

Sep 3, 2014, 2:12:00 PM9/3/14
to conco...@googlegroups.com
FYI,

There is a makerspace starting in west denver.. very slowly.. we have 6 regulars and are starting to look at spaces. all are welcome and all is negotiable.

Chris

--
http://www.concoctory.com
---

Mar

Sep 3, 2014, 2:14:42 PM9/3/14
to conco...@googlegroups.com
Right on Chadwick. :-D

Christopher Chadwick

Sep 3, 2014, 2:15:50 PM9/3/14
to conco...@googlegroups.com
lol and to be fair there is another in broomfield :)