Gendered Creative Teams workshop

瀏覽次數:5 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Brian Keegan

未讀,
2017年2月16日 上午11:53:412017/2/16
收件者:
We are delighted to announce our forthcoming workshop "Gendered Creative Teams" which will be held at the Center for Network Science at CEU, on 24-25th of May 2017.

We convene this workshop to investigate how organizational patterns relate to the recognition and success of women and men in creative fields. We seek to understand which practices lead to equality and how they influence creative output.

See our call below or the website for details: https://cns.ceu.edu/gendered-creative-teams-workshop-2017.

Please consider submitting an abstract to present your own work as a poster or short presentation at the event. Submissions are due March 30th.

We are looking forward to seeing you in Budapest!

We convene this workshop to answer the question: What are practices, careers, and organizational patterns that can restore equal recognition of women in creative fields, while they contribute to collective creativity as well?

We see teams becoming dominant agents in creative work, the prominence of teams is increasing in all branches of science and humanities, in business and in the arts. Recent research suggests that diversity is an advantage for team creativity, and it is especially gender diversity that was shown to be related to the collective intelligence of a team. However, while women are shown to play a key role in creative teams, there is ample evidence that they don’t get the same credit that men do. If women are vital participants in creative teams, their discrimination, mis-recognition, and discouragement is clearly leading to losses for creative fields and entire societies.

This workshop is intended to bring analysts of large datasets on creative teams together with qualitative researchers, activist, evangelists - with the goal of identifying patterns that show the promise of alleviating the gender deficit in creative fields.

We welcome submissions in the form of short abstracts featuring original work related to the topic of the workshop. The authors will have an opportunity to present their work in the form of a poster and a short presentation as part of the program.

You can submit your work to c...@ceu.edu until March 31st. Please specify "Gendered Creative Teams Workshop" in the subject line of your email and attach your abstract as a pdf document, with a page limit of 2 pages (without references).
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息